Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Michelle Thompson

Default expand the user base by ... pointing people in the right direction?

I keep a look out (recently) on Tweets about Fedora.

http://twitter.com/dr_scholl

^^^ this person tweeted these:
(dr_scholl) is looking for HELP!! Apparently I don't have "make" on my
Fedora 10 ?? WTF?? How do I install it?

and

hrms... yum install make says it's installed, but CPAN is still telling
me it can't find it This is FRUSTRATING

I'm wondering what some thoughts out there are on maybe trying to point
this tweeter in the right direction. I am more familiar with
communications, and less familiar with the technical side (so I'm not
qualified to help). Just wondering if we would encourage user help in
social media channels.

[or, if anyone has a pointer -- help docs? a mailing list? an IRC
channel? a wiki page? ... I can try an @reply to this person .. .]

Thoughts?

mt