Old 01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Max Spevack

Default F11 background proposal

"Leonidas at Thermopylae"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg/800px-Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg

I guess the artwork team's job is done.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Keiran Smith

Its a nice Image. But I think fedora should have a sleek backgroud with a web 2.0 style with a nice colourful gradient.

Although some people have different tastes in how they want their desktop to look. Im sure the artwork team will come up with a very nice desktop image They always do

I guess the artwork team's job is done. *

Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Max Spevack

Its a nice Image. But I think fedora should have a sleek backgroud
with a web 2.0 style with a nice colourful gradient.

I was joking

Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Jack Aboutboul

Max Spevack wrote:

"Leonidas at Thermopylae"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg/800px-Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg

I guess the artwork team's job is done.

Hrm, Naked people, spears and trumpets.

WFM!!

Jack

Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Michael Beckwith

Keiran Smith wrote:
Its a nice Image. But I think fedora should have a sleek
backgroud with a web 2.0 style with a nice colourful gradient.

My only argument with that is the fact that that would be following the
trends, when Fedora is regularly viewed as the trend setter.

wrote:

"Leonidas
at Thermopylae"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg/800px-Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg

I guess the artwork team's job is done. *

Oh, don't get me wrong, we WILL rock. Give us time.

--
~Michael
http://michaelbox.net

Old 01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Máirín Duffy

Michael Beckwith wrote:
> Keiran Smith wrote:
>> Its a nice Image. But I think fedora should have a sleek backgroud
>> with a web 2.0 style with a nice colourful gradient.
>>
> My only argument with that is the fact that that would be following the
> trends, when Fedora is regularly viewed as the trend setter.

It's obvious Max wants us to start a naked trend...

I suppose it's better than the bacon trend...

~m

Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Alejandro Acosta

I pick the guy at Leonidas's left, bending over a little, being whispered at, to be tagged as Me. You can choose from any of the remaining
LOL

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Michael Beckwith wrote:

> Keiran Smith wrote:

>> Its a nice Image. But I think fedora should have a sleek backgroud

>> with a web 2.0 style with a nice colourful gradient.

> My only argument with that is the fact that that would be following the

> trends, when Fedora is regularly viewed as the trend setter.

It's obvious Max wants us to start a naked trend...

I suppose it's better than the bacon trend...

~m

Alejandro Acosta
Fedora Ambassador / Chihuahua, MX
aacosta@fedoraproject.org
http://alejandroacosta.com

Old 01-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Francesco Ugolini

2009/1/29 Max Spevack <mspevack@redhat.com>:
> "Leonidas at Thermopylae"
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg/800px-Jacques-Louis_David_004.jpg
>
> I guess the artwork team's job is done.

I personally love J.L. David, he was an amazing painter.

This could represent Fedora "state of the art" status

I read all the comments and the reasons argued could work. BTW, I
think this proposal could be used to give Fedora a continuity in its
style: at the end, it could underline that Fedora, as all paintings,
is open to the community, and like those helped creating a common
knowledge base, Fedora could underline its role as the 21st century
common knowledge base creator (forgive me the not so good
terminology).

Maybe this was only a suggestion to start a discussion, but an idea
like this sounds good, at least for me.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

Old 01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Larry Cafiero

There's something missing here . . . wait, don't tell me.

Right. Togas. Fedora blue togas!

Very funny, Max.

I guess the artwork team's job is done. *

Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Máirín Duffy

Larry Cafiero wrote:
> There's something missing here . . . wait, don't tell me.
>
> Right. Togas. Fedora blue togas!

Hmm I wonder if the T-shirt printers I went through for
Boston FUDcon can do Togas...

~m