Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Is KDE 4.2 the Answer to the Linux Desktop?

Hi

I think, it would have been useful to note that KDE 4.2 will be
available as an update for Fedora 10 and Fedora 9 users as well,
shortly. It is now in rawhide.

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3799116/Is+KDE+42+the+Answer+to+the+Linux+Desktop.htm

"Red Hat Fedora Project Leader Paul Frields also struck an optimistic
tone on the KDE 4.2 release.

"The many Plasma enhancements for usability, and the return of
functionality that some users found missing earlier in the 4.x series,
should make KDE's audience happy with the new release," Frields told
/InternetNews.com/. Fedora is planning on including KDE 4.2 in the
upcoming Fedora 11 Alpha set for February 3rd."

Rahul

Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Leandro M. César

I believe that KDE is the best shot against Vista. But not against Gnome yet.

Leandro Cesar

leandro.cesar@gmail.com