Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

Default Fedora Zero Carbon - Updated

Hello Guys.

Wiki updated with some informations and pictures.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon

"Fedora!! Ecological conscience!"

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ

Old 01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Magnus Glantz

fre 2009-01-23 klockan 13:07 -0200 skrev Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira:
> Hello Guys.
>
> Wiki updated with some informations and pictures.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon
>
> "Fedora!! Ecological conscience!"
>
> --
>
> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
> M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ
> Fedora Community Manager - Latin America
> http://www.proyectofedora.org

Looks very good! I love this initiative!

Seems the page lacks a validation system for trees planted.

Try to add instructions on how people can contribute.

Eg.
* Go out in the forest and plant N trees. Photograph it as evidence that
it has been done. Publish the photos at the Zero Carbon page.
or..
* Go to any website and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt to
someguy@fedoraproject.
* Go to any of the APPROVED websites and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt
to someguy@fedoraproject.

Also, when it comes to planting a tree manually without any middlemen
involved. Perhaps there should be instruction on how to do that?
Something like http://www.wikihow.com/Plant-a-Tree or etc. Done
improperly the trees may just die.

--
Best regards,
Magnus 'magnusg' Glantz

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Magnusg

Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

Magnus Glantz escreveu:
> fre 2009-01-23 klockan 13:07 -0200 skrev Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira:
>> Hello Guys.
>>
>> Wiki updated with some informations and pictures.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon
>>
>> "Fedora!! Ecological conscience!"
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
>> M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ
>> Fedora Community Manager - Latin America
>> http://www.proyectofedora.org
>>

> Looks very good! I love this initiative!
>
> Seems the page lacks a validation system for trees planted.
>
> Try to add instructions on how people can contribute.
>
> Eg.
> * Go out in the forest and plant N trees. Photograph it as evidence that
> it has been done. Publish the photos at the Zero Carbon page.
> or..
> * Go to any website and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt to
> someguy@fedoraproject.
> * Go to any of the APPROVED websites and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt
> to someguy@fedoraproject.
>
> Also, when it comes to planting a tree manually without any middlemen
> involved. Perhaps there should be instruction on how to do that?
> Something like http://www.wikihow.com/Plant-a-Tree or etc. Done
> improperly the trees may just die.

You can help too.... add this informations on wiki ;-)

Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Rômulo Jales

Can you take some picutures?

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 14:39, Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira <rodrigopadula@projetofedora.org> wrote:

Magnus Glantz escreveu:

> fre 2009-01-23 klockan 13:07 -0200 skrev Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira:

>> Hello Guys.

>> Wiki updated with some informations and pictures.

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon

>> "Fedora!! Ecological conscience!"

>> --

>> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

>> M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ

>> Fedora Community Manager - Latin America

>> http://www.proyectofedora.org

> Looks very good! I love this initiative!

> Seems the page lacks a validation system for trees planted.

> Try to add instructions on how people can contribute.

> Eg.

> * Go out in the forest and plant N trees. Photograph it as evidence that

> it has been done. Publish the photos at the Zero Carbon page.

> or..

> * Go to any website and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt to

> someguy@fedoraproject.

> * Go to any of the APPROVED websites and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt

> to someguy@fedoraproject.

> Also, when it comes to planting a tree manually without any middlemen

> involved. Perhaps there should be instruction on how to do that?

> Something like http://www.wikihow.com/Plant-a-Tree or etc. Done

> improperly the trees may just die.

You can help too.... add this informations on wiki ;-)

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ

Fedora Community Manager - Latin America

http://www.proyectofedora.org

Rômulo Jales
Fé, Fé na catucagem.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodrigopadula/FedoraZeroCarbonProject#

Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Magnus Glantz

fre 2009-01-23 klockan 15:39 -0200 skrev Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira:
> Magnus Glantz escreveu:
> > fre 2009-01-23 klockan 13:07 -0200 skrev Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira:
> >> Hello Guys.
> >>
> >> Wiki updated with some informations and pictures.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zero_Carbon
> >>
> >> "Fedora!! Ecological conscience!"
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
> >> M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ
> >> Fedora Community Manager - Latin America
> >> http://www.proyectofedora.org
> >>

> > Looks very good! I love this initiative!
> >
> > Seems the page lacks a validation system for trees planted.
> >
> > Try to add instructions on how people can contribute.
> >
> > Eg.
> > * Go out in the forest and plant N trees. Photograph it as evidence that
> > it has been done. Publish the photos at the Zero Carbon page.
> > or..
> > * Go to any website and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt to
> > someguy@fedoraproject.
> > * Go to any of the APPROVED websites and buy N trees, e-mail the receipt
> > to someguy@fedoraproject.
> >
> > Also, when it comes to planting a tree manually without any middlemen
> > involved. Perhaps there should be instruction on how to do that?
> > Something like http://www.wikihow.com/Plant-a-Tree or etc. Done
> > improperly the trees may just die.
> >

> You can help too.... add this informations on wiki ;-)
>
> --
>
> Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
> M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ
> Fedora Community Manager - Latin America
> http://www.proyectofedora.org

I'm very sorry my friend. I'm streched too thin atm. I'd love to help
when I get a bit more time in my hands (that will probably be spring
time). :-)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Jeff Spaleta

2009/1/23 Rômulo Jales <romulojales@gmail.com>:
> Can you take some picutures?

Photos would be great, it would give us a chance to come back later
and tell a cross-medium success story.

But I don't think we can require pictures or any per purchase
activity. I'm not sure that is going to scale. I'm not sure that try
to strictly validate every single planted tree.

What we can do is form a group in the fedora account system, ask
everyone to affirm to a set of guidelines when joining that group..and
then trust people to abide by the guidelines. Those guidelines could
include keeping a personal log or something to be submitted annually
for review by the Zero Carbon group. If someone is found to have not
lived up to those guidelines you remove them from the group and
substract their trees as part of that review.

-jef