Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Jack Aboutboul

Default About the Marketing Meetings...

Hello All,

I think we need to discuss certain details surrounding the marketing
meetings, such day and time. Over the last 3 meetings we have had very
poor attendance and I think the meetings might be conflicting with class
times of certain contributors, now that US universities are back in session.

The meetings are vital for us as a forum to get together and discuss
what we are working on and to gauge progress and exchange ideas.

I would like everyone to take about 10 minutes out of their day and
please let me know:

1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not
recently participated in meetings?

2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?
3. Is there anything else we can be doing inside the meetings that might
make the meetings more valuable to you?
4. Is there anything else that we can do in marketing, in general, that
you think would make the project more valuable and beneficial to Fedora
as a whole?

I'm just trying to get some open exchange of feedback so that we can
figure out what our areas for improvement are and what goals we should
be striving for and how we can start working together again so that we
can build sustainable momentum. Prior to the holiday break we were full
steam ahead and things sort of died down.

So I'll throw this one to you guys...

Thanks,
Jack

Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

Jack Aboutboul wrote:

Hello All,

I think we need to discuss certain details surrounding the marketing
meetings, such day and time. Over the last 3 meetings we have had very
poor attendance and I think the meetings might be conflicting with class
times of certain contributors, now that US universities are back in
session.

I've had a recurring item on my calendar for the marketing meeting for a
long time that has it marked as 3 pm (ET).

I wonder if I've been missing them because they shifted back to 2 pm
with the US daylight savings switch some weeks ago.

The meetings are vital for us as a forum to get together and discuss
what we are working on and to gauge progress and exchange ideas.

I would like everyone to take about 10 minutes out of their day and
please let me know:

1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not
recently participated in meetings?

I thought it was at 3 today because that's what I've always had on my
calendar.

2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?

3 on thursday is fine.

~m

Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Ian Weller

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 03:45:24PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> 1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not
> recently participated in meetings?
I have school.

> 2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ianweller/Meeting_availability_times

Status quo is my answer to the other two questions. I'm highly
interested in attending meetings. I just can't.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Russell Harrison

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Máirí*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I've had a recurring item on my calendar for the marketing meeting for a
> long time that has it marked as 3 pm (ET).
>
> I wonder if I've been missing them because they shifted back to 2 pm with
> the US daylight savings switch some weeks ago.

I think I'm in the same boat. I showed up at 3 today and noticed the
message in my IRC logs announcing the start of the meeting at 2. I'll
have to see if I can get evolution to schedule it using UTC instead of
my local time.

Russell

Old 01-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Jack Aboutboul

Russell Harrison wrote:

I've had a recurring item on my calendar for the marketing meeting for a
long time that has it marked as 3 pm (ET).

I wonder if I've been missing them because they shifted back to 2 pm with
the US daylight savings switch some weeks ago.

I think I'm in the same boat. I showed up at 3 today and noticed the
message in my IRC logs announcing the start of the meeting at 2. I'll
have to see if I can get evolution to schedule it using UTC instead of
my local time.

Russell

I sent out the reminders saying 17.00 UTC which is 2 Eastern. If people
want to change it to 3, and that works better for everyone we can
certainly do so. What do you guys think?

Jack

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Francesco Ugolini

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Jack Aboutboul <jaa@redhat.com> wrote:

> 1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not recently
> participated in meetings?

I had to prepare exams and sometimes I have to accomplish some unplanned duties.

> 2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?

Current date/time is perfect. If I haven't any other duty to deal with
after 18.00 UTC, I'm pleased to share my POV.

> 3. Is there anything else we can be doing inside the meetings that might
> make the meetings more valuable to you?

This isn't something from past meetings (that I've the honor to
attend): I think it's necessary to let people know what Marketing
Project means, I know it's quite a stupid thing (I'm sorry if I
pointed this), but I think if many of the mktg members would know what
are the projects activities/goals many people will join meetings. I
think this could be resumed in the principle that If there are goals,
there is activity and, consequentially, people.

> 4. Is there anything else that we can do in marketing, in general, that you
> think would make the project more valuable and beneficial to Fedora as a
> whole?

There is a marvellous Marketing Plan: I think it's necessary to
organize activities to explain its content and, then, focus on
activities based on it. Actually only few people understand the
marketing plan and all the connected activities: before acting there
is planning, but between those two elements it's necessary an
explanation i order to get the tasks done.

BTW, I want to let you know FAmSCo has created a task to better
collaborate with marketing, working spreading among Ambassadors the
mktg plan and use it as a mainly tool to direct the promotional
activities in events and so on (p.s. This task is currently under
development).

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Steven Moix

Hello,

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 15:45 -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> 1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not
> recently participated in meetings?

School, exams, semester end = no time left

> 2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?

For me, it's perfectly fine with the actual time, maybe 1h earlier.

> 3. Is there anything else we can be doing inside the meetings that might
> make the meetings more valuable to you?

Not really, the main discussions are happening on the mailinglist anyway
as far as I can tell.

> 4. Is there anything else that we can do in marketing, in general, that
> you think would make the project more valuable and beneficial to Fedora
> as a whole?

Update the wiki to have current information in it, so it can be a good
resource when we need Fedora related stories and marketing facts

Steven