Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Nicu Buculei

Default Picture book....

wonderer wrote:

I actually get a flickr stream from a friend of me and I thought it
maybe give some people lets say a little idea how it can feel to have
such photos for a picture book.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vowe/tags/faceslotusphere/

I find these pictures VERY good and can also imagine how they can look
in a book with some text or so around them. Maybe after FOSDEM some guys
could also take such great /facesoffedora/ sets...
Sadly, I can not be there, but I hope to find such fotos soon on flickr
or elswhere on our wiki...

Those are indeed beautiful portraits, but I think we want to send a
different message, using not only people faces but also saying "fedora",
"freedom", "friends", etc., like those:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3187020674/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3187015470/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3187014986/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3186935960/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3186093895/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3184700237/

Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Jeff Spaleta

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Those are indeed beautiful portraits, but I think we want to send a
> different message, using not only people faces but also saying "fedora",
> "freedom", "friends", etc., like those:

I think at the end of the day, you'll find that you'll want a mix of
portrait, candid and posed shots across a variety of moods from
playful to serious. A serious portrait or two to bring home an
important point about our dedication would not be out of place in the
story telling.
You might even want a landscape shot of Fedora window posters.

-jef