Old 12-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Satyajit Ranjeev

Default First public speech as a Fedora ambassador

Hi,

I am currently a Linux Trainer in a reputed organization in Chennai,
India and recently had the opportunity to address 30 students on Fedora
who had actually come in for a lecture on Oracle.

The remarkable thing was that instantaneously 8 of them requested for
cds and dvds and had a wide range of queries regarding Fedora. This
definitely shows that fedora is in a high level of acceptance over here
too.

All of them enjoy working on it with the compiz window manger and all
the extra graphical features added in this release. The virtualization
with qemu was another component which stole the show.

I was very pleased with myself about the outcome of the small talk
which showed a lot of positive acceptance. I'm sure that I will be able
to spread the Fedora philosophy in a wide way.

Satyajit Ranjeev

Old 12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Jonathan Roberts

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 18:54 +0530, Satyajit Ranjeev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently a Linux Trainer in a reputed organization in Chennai,
> India and recently had the opportunity to address 30 students on Fedora
> who had actually come in for a lecture on Oracle.
>
> The remarkable thing was that instantaneously 8 of them requested for
> cds and dvds and had a wide range of queries regarding Fedora. This
> definitely shows that fedora is in a high level of acceptance over here
> too.
>
> All of them enjoy working on it with the compiz window manger and all
> the extra graphical features added in this release. The virtualization
> with qemu was another component which stole the show.
>
> I was very pleased with myself about the outcome of the small talk
> which showed a lot of positive acceptance. I'm sure that I will be able
> to spread the Fedora philosophy in a wide way.

Congratulations Sounds like you did a great job!!

Best wishes,

Jon

Old 12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Marc Wiriadisastra

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 13:27 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 18:54 +0530, Satyajit Ranjeev wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently a Linux Trainer in a reputed organization in Chennai,
> > India and recently had the opportunity to address 30 students on Fedora
> > who had actually come in for a lecture on Oracle.
> >
> > The remarkable thing was that instantaneously 8 of them requested for
> > cds and dvds and had a wide range of queries regarding Fedora. This
> > definitely shows that fedora is in a high level of acceptance over here
> > too.
> >
> > All of them enjoy working on it with the compiz window manger and all
> > the extra graphical features added in this release. The virtualization
> > with qemu was another component which stole the show.
> >
> > I was very pleased with myself about the outcome of the small talk
> > which showed a lot of positive acceptance. I'm sure that I will be able
> > to spread the Fedora philosophy in a wide way.
>
> Congratulations Sounds like you did a great job!!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jon

+1

Did you make slides up? If you did do you mind uploading them somewhere
fp.o maybe so other people can see what you talked about?

Cheers,

Marc

Old 12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
"John Babich"

On Dec 21, 2007 4:43 PM, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc@mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 13:27 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 18:54 +0530, Satyajit Ranjeev wrote:

<snip>

> Did you make slides up? If you did do you mind uploading them somewhere
> fp.o maybe so other people can see what you talked about?

Satyajit:

Congratulations.

If you like, you can share your presentation by uploading at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Fedora Ambassador

Old 12-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Max Spevack wrote:
Congratulations to you -- it is always exciting to speak in public about
Fedora -- it's one of my favorite parts of the job.

It is the best part of my "non-job".

Rahul

Old 12-22-2007, 03:46 AM

dear satyajit
this is power of fedora might be u experienced first time, i m also
Sr. Corporate Trainer in Indonesia where people are not taking
initiative for adapting new technology I had made a plan for weekly
technology improvement and now in my university 90% people are working
on Fedora as well my university server is also fedora so its simply
the power of fedora...

--
"A positive attitude can really make dreams come true -- it did for me"

With Regards,
Adarsh B
Voice: (+62) 815 73202526

Old 12-22-2007, 12:59 PM
"Keiran Smith"

Congrats and welcome your students into the amazing world of fedora

So far I have* only managed to switch 8 peopl over from ubuntu but that constantly increases

On 12/22/07,

Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 PM
"subhodip biswas"

Congrats !!! your first speech made a good response ....

--
Regards
Subhodip Biswas

GPG key : FAEA34AB