Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
"Shawn Kaplan"

Default FUDCon Marketing !!!

I'm a bit new to this thread, hope you don't mind me tossing in my two cents. Couple of thoughts:

- we need to think clearly about the target audience of the event, and why they would want to attend.
- determine our budget, organize our resources and then execute
- time is growing short, so finding a rapid way to spread the word is critical.
- banner ads on appropriate venues is most certainly a good idea, though not. often not free. But sure a lot cheaper, quicker, and easier to produce than print ads.
- another excellent method is PR, which is often free and brings with it a multiplier effect. If we can seed this with an 'announcement', or quotes from a recent success story or key note speaker then all the better. Kerrin and karsten already have a head start on this.
- direct email is likely a winner as well, as I'd expect we have links to most of our target audience anyway. We'll need to identify some target lists.

Thoughts?
Is there a budget we're working to? Is it zero? Or is there an opportunity to make a business case and get a bit?
Have we written down our goals or target audience anywhere yet?

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T