FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-13-2007, 02:48 AM
"Markus McLaughlin"
 
Default FUDcon, Fedora 9, Windoze Games Support Ideas!

This is how future FUDcons should take place :Have a FUDcon for each continent! *Have themall connected virtually so anyone can attend inthat sense! *Perhaps, have 2 days devoted to
each FUDcon or a FUDcon that takes placein each continent at the same time. *As far as marketing, have small ADs printedin every High-Tech column of every newspaper
in every continent!As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Gamesfrom Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE orsomething similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
be left out!!!Happy Holidays and a Happy Fedora New Year!Onward and forward!
Mark McLaughlinlinuxglobe.wordpress.comHudson, MA
--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default FUDcon, Fedora 9, Windoze Games Support Ideas!

Markus McLaughlin wrote:

This is how future FUDcons should take place :

Have a FUDcon for each continent!


So will you help sponsoring the developers traveling there?


As far as marketing, have small ADs printed
in every High-Tech column of every newspaper
in every continent!


Paid with which money?


As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Games
from Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE or
something similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
be left out!!!


Have you checked Wine's roadmap? To you realistically think they will
get there in such timeframe?


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 
Old 12-13-2007, 11:52 AM
"Rudolf Kastl"
 
Default FUDcon, Fedora 9, Windoze Games Support Ideas!

On Dec 13, 2007 9:17 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> > This is how future FUDcons should take place :
> >
> > Have a FUDcon for each continent!
>
> So will you help sponsoring the developers traveling there?
>
> > As far as marketing, have small ADs printed
> > in every High-Tech column of every newspaper
> > in every continent!
>
> Paid with which money?
>
> > As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Games
> > from Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE or
> > something similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
> > be left out!!!
>
> Have you checked Wine's roadmap? To you realistically think they will
> get there in such timeframe?

have you checked the roadmap and current state? lots of windows games
already work out of the box in wine and some older ones already worked
reliably years ago:

appdb.winehq.org

regards,
Rudolf Kastl

>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
> Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
> my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro
>
> --
> Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
> Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
>

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org