-   -   FUDcon, Fedora 9, Windoze Games Support Ideas! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/18597-fudcon-fedora-9-windoze-games-support-ideas.html)

"Markus McLaughlin" 12-13-2007 02:48 AM

FUDcon, Fedora 9, Windoze Games Support Ideas!

This is how future FUDcons should take place :Have a FUDcon for each continent! *Have themall connected virtually so anyone can attend inthat sense! *Perhaps, have 2 days devoted to
each FUDcon or a FUDcon that takes placein each continent at the same time. *As far as marketing, have small ADs printedin every High-Tech column of every newspaper
in every continent!As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Gamesfrom Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE orsomething similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
be left out!!!Happy Holidays and a Happy Fedora New Year!Onward and forward!
Mark McLaughlinlinuxglobe.wordpress.comHudson, MA

Nicu Buculei 12-13-2007 07:17 AM

Markus McLaughlin wrote:

This is how future FUDcons should take place :

Have a FUDcon for each continent!

So will you help sponsoring the developers traveling there?

As far as marketing, have small ADs printed
in every High-Tech column of every newspaper
in every continent!

Paid with which money?

As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Games
from Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE or
something similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
be left out!!!

Have you checked Wine's roadmap? To you realistically think they will
get there in such timeframe?

"Rudolf Kastl" 12-13-2007 11:52 AM

On Dec 13, 2007 9:17 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> > This is how future FUDcons should take place :
> >
> > Have a FUDcon for each continent!
>
> So will you help sponsoring the developers traveling there?
>
> > As far as marketing, have small ADs printed
> > in every High-Tech column of every newspaper
> > in every continent!
>
> Paid with which money?
>
> > As far as Fedora 9, I sure hope Windoze Games
> > from Win 98 to XP will be supported in WINE or
> > something similar so we Windoze Gamers won't
> > be left out!!!
>
> Have you checked Wine's roadmap? To you realistically think they will
> get there in such timeframe?

have you checked the roadmap and current state? lots of windows games
already work out of the box in wine and some older ones already worked
reliably years ago:

appdb.winehq.org

regards,
Rudolf Kastl