Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Interview with Brian Stevens

Hi,

Brian Stevens is the president of engineering of CTO of Red Hat. People
might remember him here from an earlier discussion...

http://www.linuxworld.com/community/?q=node/1749

"What else can we expect to see from new Red Hat offerings? Should we
just watch Fedora or where else can we learn about new stuff coming down
the pipe? Everything that we have under development is happening in
public. I think that we stand unique in that and that the media and our
customers are usually well aware of technology that's going to be coming
from Red Hat long before we productize it. So, Fedora 8, just made
available in the last week, had 54,000 downloads and installs that we
can even measure in the first four days, a vibrant development community
around next generation technology whether that be KVM or appliances or
spins or network manager improvements. So, Fedora is absolutely the
place to watch the OS evolve.""

Rahul