Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Mike McGrath

Default First banner ad!

Can we get someone to make our first banner AD to be placed on
http://fedoraproject.org/ for the upcoming FUDCon? It should match
closely this image (in specs, no need to animate):

http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f8-banner-animation.gif

In the future we may move the banner this is sort of a trial run.
Please try to make it match the rest of that page

-Mike

Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM
"John Babich"

On Dec 7, 2007 12:01 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
<snip>

> http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f8-banner-animation.gif
>
> In the future we may move the banner this is sort of a trial run.
> Please try to make it match the rest of that page

Clever design - keep up the good work!

John Babich

Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Nicu Buculei

Mike McGrath wrote:
Can we get someone to make our first banner AD to be placed on
http://fedoraproject.org/ for the upcoming FUDCon? It should match
closely this image (in specs, no need to animate):

http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f8-banner-animation.gif

In the future we may move the banner this is sort of a trial run.
Please try to make it match the rest of that page

When designing the banner keep in mind we had a vote and a logo was
selected, use it.

The "winner" was design 5 from http://mihmo.livejournal.com/47496.html
Its source can be found somewhere inside
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/logos/fudcon/fudcon-logos.svg

Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Mike McGrath

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Mike McGrath wrote:
Can we get someone to make our first banner AD to be placed on
http://fedoraproject.org/ for the upcoming FUDCon? It should match
closely this image (in specs, no need to animate):

http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f8-banner-animation.gif

In the future we may move the banner this is sort of a trial run.
Please try to make it match the rest of that page

When designing the banner keep in mind we had a vote and a logo was
selected, use it.

The "winner" was design 5 from http://mihmo.livejournal.com/47496.html
Its source can be found somewhere inside
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/logos/fudcon/fudcon-logos.svg

Will this be the same process for all future banners?

-Mike

Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Mike McGrath

Mike McGrath wrote:
Can we get someone to make our first banner AD to be placed on
http://fedoraproject.org/ for the upcoming FUDCon? It should match
closely this image (in specs, no need to animate):

http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f8-banner-animation.gif

In the future we may move the banner this is sort of a trial run.
Please try to make it match the rest of that page

Added to the design service FWIW.

-Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Jonathan Roberts

I said earlier I was creatively challenged, but I had a little play with
this to pass a bit of time and this is my result.

I've just modified the fudcon logo from Mairin and the used an infinity
wall paper for the background to mirror the current banner up on fp.org
inline with Mike's request for the new banner to match the colour
scheme.

I've attached both the png and the svg so maybe it might be of some
use If not, no problem - it was fun to play!

Jon

Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
"Dimitris Glezos"

On 12/10/07, Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I said earlier I was creatively challenged, but I had a little play with
> this to pass a bit of time and this is my result.

Jonathan, this looks awesome.

-d

> I've just modified the fudcon logo from Mairin and the used an infinity
> wall paper for the background to mirror the current banner up on fp.org
> inline with Mike's request for the new banner to match the colour
> scheme.
>
> I've attached both the png and the svg so maybe it might be of some
> use If not, no problem - it was fun to play!
>
> Jon

Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos@jabber.org, GPG: 0xA5A04C3B
http://dimitris.glezos.com/