Old 11-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Matías Kreder

Default Self Introduction

Old 11-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Mel Chua

My name is Matias Kreder, I've been using Fedora since Fedora Core 5,
I'm an Ambassador for Buenos Aires, Argentina where I live.

I'd like to join the Marketing group and also this mailing list in order
to be in touch, and to receive suggestions because today Kam Salisbury
sent me the account information to maintain the @fedora_linux account on
twitter.

If any of you have something to announce via twitter, please feel free
to contact me!

Welcome, Matias! I've approved your group membership in FAS - thanks for
taking over our Twitter account!

How can we help you out? The first thing I can think of is that news
articles we find are sent to this list marked with an [in the news] tag
in the subject line, so those are pretty easy to spot if you're looking
for material to retweet.

--Mel

Old 11-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Matías Kreder

Hi everyone,

I would like to let you know that I'm very happy with this new task.
I'll be checking the news in this mailing list and also the Fedora
Weekly news, in order to have material to tweet. I'm also tweeting cool
things of Planet Fedora.

I have received some mails offering help and in order to share the task
of tweeting I was thinking in using one of these web application,
hootsuite and/or cotweet.
This way if any person wants to tweet something in the account it would
be possible and I'll create an individual user for this person to do so.
Both pages have also the feature for scheduling tweets. I don't like
cotweet so much because it looks very corporate, but it has a cleaner
interface to tweet. If you have any thought about this subject, please
let me know.

My idea is:

More people tweeting means more followers.
More followers means more downloads.
More download means more Fedora Users. (that is what we all want)

Have a nice day!
Matías

On 11/28/2009 03:42 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
>> My name is Matias Kreder, I've been using Fedora since Fedora Core 5,
>> I'm an Ambassador for Buenos Aires, Argentina where I live.
>>
>> I'd like to join the Marketing group and also this mailing list in order
>> to be in touch, and to receive suggestions because today Kam Salisbury
>> sent me the account information to maintain the @fedora_linux account on
>> twitter.
>>
>> If any of you have something to announce via twitter, please feel free
>> to contact me!
>
> Welcome, Matias! I've approved your group membership in FAS - thanks for
> taking over our Twitter account!
>
> How can we help you out? The first thing I can think of is that news
> articles we find are sent to this list marked with an [in the news] tag
> in the subject line, so those are pretty easy to spot if you're looking
> for material to retweet.
>
> --Mel

- --
Matías Kreder
Fedora Ambassador
fedoraproject.org/wiki/MatiasKreder

Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Adam Miller

Hello design team!

My name is Adam Miller and I wanted to take a moment to introduce
myself. I have been a member of the Fedora Project for about two years
now and I'm a member of a few different aspects of the Fedora
Project[0] and would now very much like to contribute to the design
team. I have some background in cartoon illustration and some formal
teachings but nothing beyond a few college courses in drawing and
painting. I hope to be able to help with illustration needs initially,
probably mostly in the icon/logo realm, and then help with anything I
am able as time goes on and my skill set improves.

Questions, comments and snide remarks always welcome!

-AdamM

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Maxamillion

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 08/03/2010 12:38 AM, Adam Miller wrote:
> Hello design team!

Hi Adam,

> My name is Adam Miller and I wanted to take a moment to introduce
> myself. I have been a member of the Fedora Project for about two years
> now and I'm a member of a few different aspects of the Fedora
> Project[0] and would now very much like to contribute to the design
> team. I have some background in cartoon illustration and some formal
> teachings but nothing beyond a few college courses in drawing and
> painting. I hope to be able to help with illustration needs initially,
> probably mostly in the icon/logo realm, and then help with anything I
> am able as time goes on and my skill set improves.

Welcome, glad to see you joined here too

> Questions, comments and snide remarks always welcome!

You forgot to add a link to those cartoons

Old 08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Adam Miller

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
<SNIP>

> You forgot to add a link to those cartoons

<SNIP>

Sadly I lack scans for most of it, but I do have some drawings of a
little archer character that went into an open source video game
project (the project sadly has been disbanded but can be found as
theRift on sourceforge) and that archer character is here -->
http://www.swooh.com/~adam/adam/rift/archerViews.bmp

Thanks for the warm welcome!

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 08/03/2010 06:16 PM, Adam Miller wrote:

> Sadly I lack scans for most of it, but I do have some drawings of a
> little archer character that went into an open source video game
> project (the project sadly has been disbanded but can be found as
> theRift on sourceforge) and that archer character is here -->
> http://www.swooh.com/~adam/adam/rift/archerViews.bmp

Me like, you have "it" (as one can see also from the CHASM drawings)

Old 08-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Adam Miller

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> On 08/03/2010 06:16 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
>>
>> Sadly I lack scans for most of it, but I do have some drawings of a
>> little archer character that went into an open source video game
>> project (the project sadly has been disbanded but can be found as
>> theRift on sourceforge) and that archer character is here -->
>> http://www.swooh.com/~adam/adam/rift/archerViews.bmp
>
> Me like, you have "it" (as one can see also from the CHASM drawings)

<SNIP>

You are far to kind, but thank you! It means a lot, I honestly haven't
drawn in quite some time and just really wanted to start doing so
again and if I am able to contribute along the way then even better!

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Kyle Richardson

Hi All,

I've been on the list for a little while now and would like to start actively contributing.

Name: Kyle Richardson (IRC: krich; FAS: krichard)
Location: North Carolina, US

Experience: I've been a Linux enthusiast for about 4 years now and have tinkered in several distros including Red Hat/Fedora and Ubuntu.* I did systems administration work while in graduate school for about 2 years on RHEL 4 and 5 boxes working with Apache, MySQL, Bash, and Python.* I've recently taught myself some TurboGears to write a small app to help my wife and I plan our wedding reception.* I'm also very fluent in SQL and DBMS administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle).* I'm currently working as a business/systems analyst and would like to keep up on my Linux and developer skills.

Availability: I'd like to start actively contributing to Fedora to gain more experience in development and administration as well as to give back to the open source community.* I have about 5 hours or so a week to dedicate to working on projects.* I'll do my best to make the weekly meetings although I know I'll occasionally have a work conflict.

Interests: I'd like to start out in the devel and/or web groups to get a feel for how the team works and learn the ends and outs of the infrastructure.

Look forward to getting know everyone.* Please let me know how I can be of help and what I should do to get started.

Thanks,
Kyle

Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Domingo Becker

Hello guys,

My name is Domingo Becker and I have been actively working for the
Fedora Project since late 2006. [1]
I use Fedora since FC1, and before, I've been using RH Linux.

Why I ended up here is because of infrastructure ticket number 2389,
about Transifex. [2]

Because of that, I became a Fedora packager, and now, with the
sysadmin rights to help with the upgrade of Transifex in t.fp.o.

I want to publicly thank to Toshio for his confidence in me, and for
his help in the process.

Since I joined this group, I'm receiving a lot of mails that teaches
me how sysadmin people work in large companies.

I really appreciate it too much all the new things I'm learning.

I'm very proud to belong to this select group of people working for
Fedora infrastructure.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Beckerde

[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2389

kind regards