Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Self introduction

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Jerome Benoit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a french sys admin willing to help managing the fedoraproject
> infrastructure. So far i have not yet an account on FAS but it's on my
> TODO list
>
> I've worked for a long time under different flavors of *nix but but CV
> in currently in french only. I'm going to translate it, so people on
> this list wil be able to know exactly my skills, it's also on my TODO
> list

Welcome, it would be nice to have more people on your side of the world
get involved in Fedora, when you get your FAS set up let us know, in the
meantime participate on the list and, if possible, come to our meetings:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

-Mike

Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Jerome Benoit

Le Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:57:58 -0600 (CST),
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> a crit :

> Welcome, it would be nice to have more people on your side of the
> world get involved in Fedora, when you get your FAS set up let us
> know, in the meantime participate on the list

Participating on the list will not be a problem.

> and, if possible, come to our meetings:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

Participating to IRC meeting will be more difficult ... depending on
the customer i'm working for mainly.

In the maintime, for the french speaking person on the list, they can
read :

http://wiki.grenouille.com/index.php/Utilisateur:Fraggle
http://fr.lolix.org/search/cv/cv.php3?id=116

Thks for hospitality ;-)

Cheers.

--
Jrme Benoit aka fraggle
La Mto du Net - http://grenouille.com

Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Jared Smith

Hi! I'm Jared Smith, and I'm finally getting around to introducing
myself. I've been a long-time lurker on the IRC channel and the mailing
list.

OK, so what do you need to know about me? Let's see... I've been using
Linux professionally for about ten years now, and was using various
flavors of UNIX before that. I managed over 6500 Linux boxes at a
previous employer, and racked a fair number of those myself. I've
pretty much "been there, done that, and still have the scars to prove
it" when it comes to managing IT infrastructure and data centers.

I'm also big into VoIP (and even co-authored an O'Reilly book on
Asterisk), so I'm hoping to help out jcollie and mmcgrath in that area
as well. I'm currently working for Digium (the company behind Asterisk)
as their Community Relations Manager and lead trainer.

I've also done quite a bit of database work (mostly PostgreSQL) and some
programming in various languages.

Anyhoo, enough about me...

-Jared Smith (jsmith on IRC)

Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Jared Smith wrote:

> Hi! I'm Jared Smith, and I'm finally getting around to introducing
> myself. I've been a long-time lurker on the IRC channel and the mailing
> list.
>
> OK, so what do you need to know about me? Let's see... I've been using
> Linux professionally for about ten years now, and was using various
> flavors of UNIX before that. I managed over 6500 Linux boxes at a
> previous employer, and racked a fair number of those myself. I've
> pretty much "been there, done that, and still have the scars to prove
> it" when it comes to managing IT infrastructure and data centers.
>
> I'm also big into VoIP (and even co-authored an O'Reilly book on
> Asterisk), so I'm hoping to help out jcollie and mmcgrath in that area
> as well. I'm currently working for Digium (the company behind Asterisk)
> as their Community Relations Manager and lead trainer.
>
> I've also done quite a bit of database work (mostly PostgreSQL) and some
> programming in various languages.
>
> Anyhoo, enough about me...

Welcome Jared, its nice to see you hanging around more and it was good to
see you at FUDCon. If you didn't already know we have weekly meetings:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

We'd talked about re-scheduling them but no decision was made on that so,
for right now at least, that still stands.

-Mike

Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:00 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> Hi! I'm Jared Smith, and I'm finally getting around to introducing
> myself. I've been a long-time lurker on the IRC channel and the mailing
> list.
>
> OK, so what do you need to know about me? Let's see... I've been using
> Linux professionally for about ten years now, and was using various
> flavors of UNIX before that. I managed over 6500 Linux boxes at a
> previous employer, and racked a fair number of those myself. I've
> pretty much "been there, done that, and still have the scars to prove
> it" when it comes to managing IT infrastructure and data centers.
>
> I'm also big into VoIP (and even co-authored an O'Reilly book on
> Asterisk), so I'm hoping to help out jcollie and mmcgrath in that area
> as well. I'm currently working for Digium (the company behind Asterisk)
> as their Community Relations Manager and lead trainer.
>
> I've also done quite a bit of database work (mostly PostgreSQL) and some
> programming in various languages.
>
> Anyhoo, enough about me...

Since I never miss a chance to run my yap, I wanted to point out that
Jared lives in my neck of the woods -- until I move, at least -- and
that he has been instrumental in getting our local LUG revived. He is
also a fantastic speaker, a true team player, and just a darn nice guy!
Now put him to to work. :-D

Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 AM
"Daniel Sabin"

Hey everyone,

I'm currently a student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN starting my junior year. I'm really interested in developing some skills in computer graphics and i figured that this would be a helpful community to join that also has some really intresting projects to boot.

I'm really new to this (all the art i've done is on paper), but computer graphics seems like an intresting medium to work in.

I'd love some tips to get started or things to try to do to learn the basics. I have access to any book you may want to tell me about so references would also be welcome (and suggested).

Thanks,

Dan

Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 PM
"Klaatu and Gort"

Daniel,
Hi.* Inkscape is a pretty powerful app, so I'd check it out first.* It also is the subject of a great number of screencasts over at http://screencasters.heathenx.org/ so that might be a good learning resource.

The other big one, I guess, is Blender, which is insanely powerful and diverse, great for 3d modeling and a lot more.* There is a great "Noob to Pro" series of WikiBooks available from wikipedia.org that you might want to check out.

GIMP is the other big one.* Don't know of any books but if you know Photoshop you know the GIMP.* There are many books on the subject.* I hear some guy named Klaatu did a fair little intro to the program for the show Linux Reality at http://media.libsyn.com/media/linuxreality/linuxreality080.ogg

Hope this helps, and good luck!

- klaatu

I'm currently a student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN starting my junior year. I'm really interested in developing some skills in computer graphics and i figured that this would be a helpful community to join that also has some really intresting projects to boot.

I'm really new to this (all the art i've done is on paper), but computer graphics seems like an intresting medium to work in.

I'd love some tips to get started or things to try to do to learn the basics. I have access to any book you may want to tell me about so references would also be welcome (and suggested).

Thanks,

Dan

---
use linux. support free software.
subscribe to http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml
http://www.thebadapples.info/fedorareloaded/ogg.xml

Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Nicu Buculei

Daniel Sabin wrote:

Hey everyone,

Hi,

I'm currently a student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre
Haute, IN starting my junior year. I'm really interested in developing
some skills in computer graphics and i figured that this would be a
helpful community to join that also has some really intresting projects
to boot.

I'm really new to this (all the art i've done is on paper), but computer
graphics seems like an intresting medium to work in.

Do you have any work to show, an online gallery or something?

I'd love some tips to get started or things to try to do to learn the
basics. I have access to any book you may want to tell me about so
references would also be welcome (and suggested).

If you want to try creating icons for our work-in-progress Echo theme,
here is a nice introduction:
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines/OnTheTablePerspective

Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Indosoft

Dear Sir,

***** Thanks for giving me a chance to contribute fedora.I'm Sending Here My Self Information.

Suresh Shinde
*
=======
ADDRESS
=======

Shinde Farm,
Near The Veterinary Dispensary,
A/P* -* Karkamb,
Tal* -* Pandharpur,
Dist* -* Solapur,
Maharashtra, (India).
PIN* -* 413302.

===============
Contact Details
===============
-------------
E-Mail ID. :-
-------------*

1.*** indosoft@inbox.com
2.*** indosoft@live.com

--------------
Mobile No. :-
--------------

+919423842431

==========================
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
==========================
Completing,
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering), Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
in June 2009.
========================
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
========================
------------------
**** Platforms:
------------------
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4/5, Fedora 4/5/6/7/8/9/10.

-------------------
**** Languages :
-------------------*
C,C++,Java.

----------------
**** Tools:
----------------
Netbeans,* KDevelop, Eclipse, QT Designer, GCC, Quanta Plus.

---------------
**** Servers
---------------
**** BIND Name Server, Squid Proxy Server, MySQL SQL Server, VSFTP FTP
Server, Apache HTTP/Tomcat Web Server, NFS Server, Samba Server, DHCP Server.

---------------------
**** Web Designing
---------------------
HTML, JSP, ASP, _javascript_, PHP, Perl, Ruby, and Python.

-----------------------
**** Shell Scripting
-----------------------
AWK, Bash.