Old 06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
"Lucas Saboya"

Default Hello World!

My name is Lucas do Amaral Saboya I'm 18 years old and I live in the
city of Fortaleza in Brazil close to the international airport of
Fortaleza (Pinto Martins).

For 4 years I was an webmaster of CEFETCE (Centro Federal de
Educao Tecnologica do Cear - Federal Technology Center of Cear, and
in this period, got my first contact with linux from Fedora Core 4, and
now, I am Linux System Administrator on a research project o CEFETCE
and a tranee of System Admin at the IT Departament on CEFETCE too.

Since I started this new job @ this research project, I'm responsible for everything about Linux here in
the project and some other things, like CD-ROM* development PHP Programming and managing some servers of the IT Department too.

personally use ONLY Linux for about 4 months, but spent about 3 years
on dual boot. Starting
with FC4, upgraded to FC5, and FC6, and FC7, and FC8, now I user Fedora
Core 9 on my notebook, and other 15 machines, between desktops, servers
and thin clients.

Also
I got some experiences with Debian, Slackware and Ubuntu, but none of
those has the same taste tha Fedora do , besides, it's the first Open
Source OS I ever used, and never let me down with anything !

And now, that I decided to really get envolved with these linux stuff,
I've subscribed in some linux courses, then I'll take some
certifications, link LPI levels 1 and 2 and RHCE

So, I think I can help this project spreading Fedora over my city.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 AM
"Nayyar Ahmad"

Welcome Saboya !

[...]

Now Fedora core 9 = Fedora 9 !!! we have drop the word* "core".

Also
I got some experiences with Debian, Slackware and Ubuntu, but none of
those has the same taste tha Fedora do , besides, it's the first Open
Source OS I ever used, and never let me down with anything !
This is the best about Fedora, it has all what you need...

And now, that I decided to really get envolved with these linux stuff,
I've subscribed in some linux courses, then I'll take some
certifications, link LPI levels 1 and 2 and RHCE

So, I think I can help this project spreading Fedora over my city.

of course we are here to support you in the cause...

Cheers

Nayyar Ahmad

RHCE (ID:804006858622745)
Skype: nayyares
Blog: nayyares.blogspot.com

Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/7 Dhon G. Buenavista <dhon.buenavista@roberts.com.ph>:
> Good Day!
> Today, i've just download the ubuntu server 8.10 version and am goin
> to install it now. Quite scary coz i'm new to this linux thing,
> though i'm pushing myself to learn/explore more bout it.
> My reason of installing ubuntu, is that, i want to migrate our 3.12
> Netware. For now, i only want the samba server to run and maybe after
> that, other cool stuff that ubuntu could offer. Hope you guys can
> help me this process. I'm new to this stuff so expect a lot of
> question from me.
>
> Thanks a lot for this wonderful stuff. Hope i could learn from it
> easily or slowly.

Welcome aboard! Google and TFA are great resources for solving almost
any issue, and if you get stuck, we will be here. Good luck and take
care.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 11-07-2008, 07:23 AM
"Dhon G. Buenavista"

Good Day!
Today, i've just download the ubuntu server 8.10 version and am goin
to install it now. Quite scary coz i'm new to this linux thing,
though i'm pushing myself to learn/explore more bout it.
My reason of installing ubuntu, is that, i want to migrate our 3.12
Netware. For now, i only want the samba server to run and maybe after
that, other cool stuff that ubuntu could offer. Hope you guys can
help me this process. I'm new to this stuff so expect a lot of
question from me.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful stuff. Hope i could learn from it
easily or slowly.

believed to be clean.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Philippe Didier

Dotan Cohen wrote:

Welcome aboard! Google and TFA are great resources...

Sorry, what is TFA ?

Philippe

Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/11/7 Philippe Didier <pdidier@neptuneconcept.com>:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> Welcome aboard! Google and TFA are great resources...
>
> Sorry, what is TFA ?

The Archives:
http://www.nabble.com/ubuntu-users-f12761.html
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> > Welcome aboard! Google and TFA are great resources...
> >
> > Sorry, what is TFA ?
> >

> The Archives:
> http://www.nabble.com/ubuntu-users-f12761.html
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

Well, Dotan, I checked out your two links myself using search and find with no joy or understanding what you mean by TFA. Also googled over TFA and found so many varied topics for TFA that I'm even more confused over what you refer to. It's apparently a three word acronym, care to tell us what they are?

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Avi Greenbury

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> Well, Dotan, I checked out your two links myself using search and find with no joy or understanding what you mean by TFA. Also googled over TFA and found so many varied topics for TFA that I'm even more confused over what you refer to. It's apparently a three word acronym, care to tell us what they are?

TFA = The Fantastic Archives

'Fantastic' is often replaced with another word beginning with F.

--
Avi Greenbury http://aviswebsite.co.uk

http://aviswebsite.co.uk/asking-questions/

Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> Subject: Re: Hello World!
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> >
> > Well, Dotan, I checked out your two links myself using
> search and find with no joy or understanding what you mean
> by TFA. Also googled over TFA and found so many varied
> topics for TFA that I'm even more confused over what you
> refer to. It's apparently a three word acronym, care to
> tell us what they are?
> >
> TFA = The Fantastic Archives
>
> 'Fantastic' is often replaced with another word
> beginning with F.

Ok, thanks for trying. I googled the phrase and still came up with pages of related hits nothing of which seemed relate to Linux, Ubuntu or computing in general. Almost any topic you can think of came up on the hits. Think I'm missing something here like a joke maybe.- Thanks anyway but it's not worth continuing this thread.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-08-2008, 12:13 AM
NoOp

On 11/07/2008 12:23 AM, Dhon G. Buenavista wrote:
> Good Day!
> Today, i've just download the ubuntu server 8.10 version and am goin
> to install it now. Quite scary coz i'm new to this linux thing,
> though i'm pushing myself to learn/explore more bout it.
> My reason of installing ubuntu, is that, i want to migrate our 3.12
> Netware. For now, i only want the samba server to run and maybe after
> that, other cool stuff that ubuntu could offer. Hope you guys can
> help me this process. I'm new to this stuff so expect a lot of
> question from me.
>
> Thanks a lot for this wonderful stuff. Hope i could learn from it
> easily or slowly.

In addition to what others have posted; if you are new to linux I
_strongly_ recommend that you install the 8.04 (hardy) server version
instead of 8.10 (intrepid) to test. 8.10 is still very new and quite
frankly, it is still very much in the debug stage. 8.04 is a _stable_
LTS (Long Term Support) release; meaning that many of the bugs have been
worked out and and will be supported for quite some time.

Example - the Hardy (8.04) releases will be supported until:
April 2011 (Desktop)
April 2013 (Server)
and 8.10 will reach EOL April 2010.

See: