Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 AM
NoOp

Default Hello World!

On 11/07/2008 05:13 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/07/2008 12:23 AM, Dhon G. Buenavista wrote:
>> Good Day!
>> Today, i've just download the ubuntu server 8.10 version and am goin
>> to install it now. Quite scary coz i'm new to this linux thing,
>> though i'm pushing myself to learn/explore more bout it.
>> My reason of installing ubuntu, is that, i want to migrate our 3.12
>> Netware. For now, i only want the samba server to run and maybe after
>> that, other cool stuff that ubuntu could offer. Hope you guys can
>> help me this process. I'm new to this stuff so expect a lot of
>> question from me.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for this wonderful stuff. Hope i could learn from it
>> easily or slowly.
>>

> In addition to what others have posted;

Apologies -- should have been "Despite what others have posted".

Old 11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Lie Ryan

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:55:07 -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> --- On Fri, 11/7/08, Avi Greenbury
> <avismailinglistaccount@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Re: Hello World!
>> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 10:42
>> AM Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, Dotan, I checked out your two links myself using
>> search and find with no joy or understanding what you mean by TFA. Also
>> googled over TFA and found so many varied topics for TFA that I'm even
>> more confused over what you refer to. It's apparently a three word
>> acronym, care to tell us what they are?
>> >
>> TFA = The Fantastic Archives
>>
>> 'Fantastic' is often replaced with another word beginning with F.
>>
> Ok, thanks for trying. I googled the phrase and still came up with pages
> of related hits nothing of which seemed relate to Linux, Ubuntu or
> computing in general. Almost any topic you can think of came up on the
> hits. Think I'm missing something here like a joke maybe.- Thanks
> anyway but it's not worth continuing this thread.

TFA is _T_he _F_antastic _A_rchives, it means the archive for this
mailing list which contain a wealth of information many people missed.

The joke is in line with RTFM and STFW. These two abbreviations is "Read
The Fantastic Manual" and "Search The Fantastic Web" (I've substituted
the original phrase with Fantastic), usually given in response to a
question when the person being asked believes that the question could be
easily answered by reading the relevant "manual" or instructions
(Wikipedia could explain better than me).

Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

Oh, dummy me, I think I get it now, he, he.-

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Ankur Sinha

Hello everyone,

I was looking around on info regarding Fedora's laptop support and came
across the Laptop SIG[1]. I noticed that the last edit to the page was
in 2008. (The page still refers to Fedora 8 laptop improvements).

What is the current status of this SIG? Do we have some tasks etc. in
mind?

regards,
Ankur

[1]

Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Arnaud Alis

Hello debians developers!
I m french, 15 yo
I m very interrested in computer science I already know some
programming langages (python, c++, html, perl...) I have made littles
apps like pythonloic I made my own iphone web app and I m helping in
anon+ project.
Of course I m running debian linux.
I dont think I can help you much but I'd like to see how it goes in a
project like this.
I m very about join this project!
thanks you!
see you

Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Paul Wise

Here are some ideas for ways you could get involved in Debian:

French translation:

http://www.debian.org/international/French
http://www.debian.org/international/french/

Writing documentation:

http://www.debian.org/doc/
Install the devscripts package and run manpage-alert. You will get a
list of packages on your system with commands that have no manual
page.

Maintaining the website:

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/

Maintaining packages:

Install the devscripts package and run wnpp-alert. You will get a list
of packages on your system that need a new maintainer or need someone
to help out.

Join the python/perl teams:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup

Helping with release critical issues:

Install the devscripts package and run rc-alert. You will get a list
of packages on your system that have a release-critical bug filed
against them

Help with security issues:

http://www.debian.org/security/faq#help

Help with infrastructure:

You might like to work on the code for qa.debian.org, bugs.debian.org
or other development related sites.

Help promote Debian:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity
http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/11/msg00054.html

Help port Debian packages:

https://buildd.debian.org/

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 12-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Prince Annan Koomson

That's good to hear i hope you have done some reading on the debian website. Each one of us has a role to play irrespective of your background, you can read some of the mailing list archives, and know where to start from.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAAy5+RG-x1WT7V=XGA8q0+_qqx+GqfDuScpJnFX0QhiNofsFiA@mail.gm ail.com

--
Prince Annan Koomson
Blog

Website
TwitterYoutube

Linkedin
IBM - Profile+(233) (0) 277 - 154449
We moving de World

Proverbs 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:� This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).� If you are not the addressee or intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, review, distribute, circulate or in any other way or means use or rely on the information contained in this email or any attachments.� If received in error, notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your system.� Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as the message and any attachments could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, delayed, incomplete or amended.� The owner do not accept liability for damage caused by this email or any attachments and may monitor email traffic. Sender's email address:� annan.pk@gmail.com

Old 08-18-2012, 02:50 PM
zhou_yang

Hello everyone!