Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Ole Ersoy

Default dhcpctl_connect: connection refused

Hi,

I added a profile and now when I attempt to sync I get:

[root@localhost cobbler]# cobbler sync
dhcpctl_connect: connection refused
dhcpctl_connect: connection refused

Any ideas?

Running cobbler check shows this:

[root@localhost cobbler]# cobbler check
The following potential problems were detected:
#0: One or more kickstart templates references default password 'cobbler' and should be changed for security reasons: /etc/cobbler/sample.ks, /etc/cobbler/legacy.ks, /etc/cobbler/sample_end.ks

TIA,
- Ole

Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Ole Ersoy

I think I got it and created a ticket for it in case someone else runs into the same thing:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ticket/160

Cheers,
- Ole

#0: One or more kickstart templates references default password
'cobbler' and should be changed for security reasons:
/etc/cobbler/sample.ks, /etc/cobbler/legacy.ks, /etc/cobbler/sample_end.ks

TIA,
- Ole

Old 06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Michael DeHaan

Ole Ersoy wrote:
I think I got it and created a ticket for it in case someone else runs
into the same thing:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ticket/160

Cheers,
- Ole

This is most likely /not/ a bug, rather your dhcp template doesn't have
OMAPI enabled, since it probably came from a previous upgrade.

Look in /etc/cobbler for a dhcp.template versus a dhcp.template.rpmnew.

Now examine the differences and add the omapi parts to the template.

Alternatively, set omapi_enabled to 0 in /etc/cobbler/settings.