Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
"Demetri Mouratis"

Default CentOS 4 Cobbler Server Hosting CentOS 5 Repository

Hi,

I'm running into some additional problems getting setup to support
CentOS 5 from my cobber server running CentOS 4. When I PXE a new
CentOS 5 host, I get some error messages like:

Unable to read group information from repositories. This
is a problem with the generation of your install tree.

Looking a bit closer, I noticed that the repostiory structure seems to
have changed between 4 and 5.

# find centos4-i386 centos5-i386 -type d
centos4-i386
centos4-i386/headers
centos4-i386/isolinux
centos4-i386/.olddata
centos4-i386/NOTES
centos4-i386/cache
centos4-i386/images
centos4-i386/images/xen
centos4-i386/images/pxeboot
centos4-i386/repodata
centos4-i386/CentOS
centos4-i386/CentOS/base
centos4-i386/CentOS/RPMS
centos5-i386
centos5-i386/isolinux
centos5-i386/NOTES
centos5-i386/cache
centos5-i386/images
centos5-i386/images/xen
centos5-i386/images/pxeboot
centos5-i386/repodata
centos5-i386/CentOS
centos5-i386/CentOS/repodata

Under 5, there are no longer RPMS or base directories.

What is going on here?

Thanks.

-D

I think that the createrepo command under CentOS4 is having trouble
doing the right thing.