FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora/Linux Management Tools

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Rainer Duffner
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Hi,

did the upgrade:

now, what does that mean?

[root@zeus1 noarch]# cobbler check
exceptions.IOError
[Errno 21] Is a directory
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 65,
in main

return BootCLI().run(sys.argv)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 44,
in run

return self.loader.run(args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/commands.py", line 69,
in run

return fn.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/modules/cli_misc.py",
line 53, in run

status = self.api.check()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 303, in
check

return check.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/action_check.py", line
68, in run

self.check_for_default_password(status)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/action_check.py", line
130, in check_for_default_password

fd = open(t)




Thanks in advance,
Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Matt Hyclak
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:41:55PM +0200, Rainer Duffner enlightened us:
> did the upgrade:
>
> now, what does that mean?
>
> [root@zeus1 noarch]# cobbler check
> exceptions.IOError
> [Errno 21] Is a directory
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 65,
> in main
> return BootCLI().run(sys.argv)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 44,
> in run
> return self.loader.run(args)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/commands.py", line 69,
> in run
> return fn.run()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/modules/cli_misc.py",
> line 53, in run
> status = self.api.check()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 303, in
> check
> return check.run()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/action_check.py", line
> 68, in run
> self.check_for_default_password(status)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/action_check.py", line
> 130, in check_for_default_password
> fd = open(t)
>
>
>

Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/WhatsNewInOhNine

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work
Ohio University
(740) 593-1263

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Rainer Duffner
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Matt Hyclak schrieb:

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:41:55PM +0200, Rainer Duffner enlightened us:




Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/WhatsNewInOhNine




Well, I thought so.
I'd really like to know what file he wants to read which is a directory
on my system.

If the error-message is actually representative of the error...


Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Rainer Duffner wrote:

Matt Hyclak schrieb:

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:41:55PM +0200, Rainer Duffner enlightened us:




Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/WhatsNewInOhNine



Well, I thought so.
I'd really like to know what file he wants to read which is a
directory on my system.

If the error-message is actually representative of the error...


Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools


Cobbler check is being dumb and doesn't know that all the files in
/var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts are not files. I suppose you have a
directory under version control and it's made a subdirectory in there.


I already have a fix for this in git and it will be in 1.0.1

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Rainer Duffner
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Michael DeHaan schrieb:


Cobbler check is being dumb and doesn't know that all the files in
/var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts are not files. I suppose you have a
directory under version control and it's made a subdirectory in there.


I already have a fix for this in git and it will be in 1.0.1




Indeed:

[root@zeus1 cobbler]# ll /var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts
total 48
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1640 May 23 12:13 kickstart-centos5-two-disk-opt.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1508 Feb 22 09:52
kickstart-rhel4.4-cciss-vmware-server.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1537 Mar 14 12:18 kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-opt.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1553 Feb 5 15:27
kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-usr-local.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1537 Apr 15 09:36 kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-var.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1412 Feb 5 15:27
kickstart-rhel5-generic-big-usr-local.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1417 Feb 25 17:05 kickstart-rhel5-generic-vz-cciss.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1396 Feb 25 15:51 kickstart-rhel5-generic-vz.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1414 Feb 5 15:27 kickstart-rhel5-mailserver.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1489 Feb 5 15:27 kickstart-rhel5-one-disk-hsphere.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1582 Feb 5 15:28
kickstart-rhel5-one-disk-hsphere-qmail.ks

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 28 12:48 non-template


Though the bit about version-control was slightly over-optimistic...


Can I pull that fix from the web somehow?
The cobbler should start working again on monday ;-)
So, I need to fix it over the weekend ;-)


cheers,
Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Rainer Duffner wrote:

Michael DeHaan schrieb:


Cobbler check is being dumb and doesn't know that all the files in
/var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts are not files. I suppose you have a
directory under version control and it's made a subdirectory in there.


I already have a fix for this in git and it will be in 1.0.1




Indeed:

[root@zeus1 cobbler]# ll /var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts
total 48
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1640 May 23 12:13
kickstart-centos5-two-disk-opt.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1508 Feb 22 09:52
kickstart-rhel4.4-cciss-vmware-server.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1537 Mar 14 12:18 kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-opt.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1553 Feb 5 15:27
kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-usr-local.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1537 Apr 15 09:36 kickstart-rhel5-cciss-big-var.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1412 Feb 5 15:27
kickstart-rhel5-generic-big-usr-local.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1417 Feb 25 17:05
kickstart-rhel5-generic-vz-cciss.ks

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1396 Feb 25 15:51 kickstart-rhel5-generic-vz.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1414 Feb 5 15:27 kickstart-rhel5-mailserver.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1489 Feb 5 15:27
kickstart-rhel5-one-disk-hsphere.ks
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1582 Feb 5 15:28
kickstart-rhel5-one-disk-hsphere-qmail.ks

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 28 12:48 non-template


Though the bit about version-control was slightly over-optimistic...


Can I pull that fix from the web somehow?
The cobbler should start working again on monday ;-)
So, I need to fix it over the weekend ;-)


https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/QuickDevelRpmBuildGuide

or:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blobdiff;f=cobbler/utils.py;h=8ddf6af2ea5d3fa4c4844acb2ca16d2c6fa62e1 1;hp=de00150c18ac5a027fa5f5d93bdcfed5c99fdedb;hb=a 63789be503d43b6f4fa42794a18cfe9b8f2c586;hpb=230efa 2eba9f6578cfbc7c3905c8c0295518c3e5

--Michael




cheers,
Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools


_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Rainer Duffner
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Michael DeHaan schrieb:


https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/QuickDevelRpmBuildGuide

or:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blobdiff;f=cobbler/utils.py;h=8ddf6af2ea5d3fa4c4844acb2ca16d2c6fa62e1 1;hp=de00150c18ac5a027fa5f5d93bdcfed5c99fdedb;hb=a 63789be503d43b6f4fa42794a18cfe9b8f2c586;hpb=230efa 2eba9f6578cfbc7c3905c8c0295518c3e5



--Michael




OK, that fixed it.
However, I now had to create a new user (for the digest-file).
My old user doesn't seem to work anymore.

Strange.


Rainer

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default cobbler upgrade 0.6.something to 1.0.2 on RHEL5

Rainer Duffner wrote:

Michael DeHaan schrieb:


https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/QuickDevelRpmBuildGuide

or:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blobdiff;f=cobbler/utils.py;h=8ddf6af2ea5d3fa4c4844acb2ca16d2c6fa62e1 1;hp=de00150c18ac5a027fa5f5d93bdcfed5c99fdedb;hb=a 63789be503d43b6f4fa42794a18cfe9b8f2c586;hpb=230efa 2eba9f6578cfbc7c3905c8c0295518c3e5



--Michael




OK, that fixed it.
However, I now had to create a new user (for the digest-file).
My old user doesn't seem to work anymore.

Strange.

Not strange. The Webapp was pretty new in 0.6, and security has been
streamlined a lot in 0.8/1.0


Go through these instructions again as if you haven't before:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/CobblerWebInterface


_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org