Old 05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Ole Ersoy

Default "named rpm" yum repository

Hi,

Does anyone know of a yum repository that has the "named" rpm in it. I tried googleing for "named rpm yum repository" and "named rpm", but no love.

TIA,
- Ole

Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Peter Wright

Ole Ersoy wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a yum repository that has the "named" rpm in it.
I tried googleing for "named rpm yum repository" and "named rpm", but
no love.

you need to get BIND which contains the named daemon.

-pete

TIA,
- Ole

Peter Wright
Systems Engineer
Sony Pictures Imageworks
wright@imageworks.com
www.imageworks.com

Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Ole Ersoy <ole.ersoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a yum repository that has the "named" rpm in it. I
> tried googleing for "named rpm yum repository" and "named rpm", but no love.

I guess you probably are looking for the bind package. It contains the
named daemon. So doing "yum search bind" should turn up stuff

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 05-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Tom Brown

Does anyone know of a yum repository that has the "named" rpm in it.
I tried googleing for "named rpm yum repository" and "named rpm", but
no love.

you want bind not named