Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Ole Ersoy

Default TFTP open timeout troubleshooting

Hi Guys,

I've gone over my settings up and down several times per the tutorials, and I'm still gettinga PXE open timeout on the client. One difference between the tutorial and what I'm doing is that when I run (Fedora 8):

yum -y install cobbler koan tftp-server dhcp cft facter puppet subversion httpd named

I get:

- No package named available.
- No package cft available.

Are these necessary?

The DHCP Lease part works fine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further? I did make sure all the services are running and that I did a cobbler sync before attempting the run.

TIA,
- Ole

Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 PM
"drew einhorn"

Don't need named, if you use dnsmasq instead of isc for dhcp.
Don't know what cft is,

Is there a firewall on your Fedora 8 box? Maybe you need to
open up some ports.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Ole Ersoy <ole.ersoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've gone over my settings up and down several times per the tutorials, and
> I'm still gettinga PXE open timeout on the client. One difference between
> the tutorial and what I'm doing is that when I run (Fedora 8):
>
> yum -y install cobbler koan tftp-server dhcp cft facter puppet subversion
> httpd named
>
> I get:
>
> - No package named available.
> - No package cft available.
>
> Are these necessary?
>
> The DHCP Lease part works fine.
> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further? I did make sure all the
> services are running and that I did a cobbler sync before attempting the
> run.
>
> TIA,
> - Ole

Drew Einhorn