Old 05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Phil Regier

Default What ever happened to "Stateless Linux"?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it would appear that the
guides which popped up at the time of the FC6-FC7 transition have gone
more or less defunct since then:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinux

Since this doesn't seem like the sort of thing that the Fedora-type
families of distros would leave by the wayside (at the time it seemed
highly relevant to the long-term direction of these distros), I was
wondering if this type of configuration has been absorbed into any other
emerging technology management projects. Any thoughts?

Many thanks...

Phil

Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:52:22PM -0500, Phil Regier wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it would appear that the
> guides which popped up at the time of the FC6-FC7 transition have gone
> more or less defunct since then:

You are correct. THis is the wrong place. Pay a visit to the Fedora
development list

Dan
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston -o- http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|

Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Phil Regier

It would appear that the guides which popped up at the time of the
FC6-FC7 transition have gone more or less defunct since then:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinux

It would also seem that the URLs referenced by the above under

http://people.redhat.com/~law/

have not been updated since FC7. What is the current stated of
Stateless development under Fedora and related distributions? Have the
specialized tools been deprecated with no replacement, or are there new
tools to fill any possible gaps?

Thanks...

Phil