Old 05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Ole Ersoy

Default Troubleshooting (Checked DHCPD) - Anything Special About PXE Booting BIOS Settings?

Hey Guys,

I checked DHCP by switching the boot protocol of another machine on the network to dhcp to see whether it would obtain and IP and it did. I then tailed /var/log/messages to verify that DHCPD logged the lease, and that checked out as well.

I then tried booting the bare metal again, but it still is not obtaining a lease. I assume that the only thing necessary for this is to set the first boot device to "LAN" in the bare metal bios? Anyone know if anything else is necessary? The network card light is on, and I took the cable from another machine on the network, so I know the connection is good.

Thanks,
- Ole