Old 05-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default So what do all those things in /var/lib/cobbler/settings do?

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Someone pointed out on IRC that we can probably add comments to the
settings file.

It turns out we can. For those that don't want to wait for the next
release, you can do some reading here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blob_plain;f=config/settings;hb=devel

Note some of these are specific to 0.9.X and later.

--Michael

And yes, I'll finally be moving this to /etc/cobbler/settings too.

I think there will be a friendly error message if you still have a copy
in /var/lib from a upgrade which you'll have to resolve, but that will
be a one time deal.

--Michael

Old 05-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Michael DeHaan

Robin Bowes wrote:

Michael DeHaan wrote:

And yes, I'll finally be moving this to /etc/cobbler/settings too.

I think there will be a friendly error message if you still have a
copy in /var/lib from a upgrade which you'll have to resolve, but
that will be a one time deal.

Michael,

I would leave it in /var/lib/cobbler. Symlink to /etc/cobbler if you
must.

It's been moved.

IMHO, web-based programs like cobbler shouldn't be writing into /etc

/var/lib is the right place.

Nope, it's not the right place for a settings file. Cobbler hasn't
written to /var/lib/cobbler/settings since we started packaging
it in the RPM (and marked it as "config(noreplace)". It's read by the
same loaders that read the other state files, but not written by them.

R.