Old 05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default So what do all those things in /var/lib/cobbler/settings do?

Someone pointed out on IRC that we can probably add comments to the
settings file.

It turns out we can. For those that don't want to wait for the next
release, you can do some reading here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blob_plain;f=config/settings;hb=devel

Note some of these are specific to 0.9.X and later.

--Michael

Old 05-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Robin Bowes

Michael DeHaan wrote:

And yes, I'll finally be moving this to /etc/cobbler/settings too.

I think there will be a friendly error message if you still have a copy
in /var/lib from a upgrade which you'll have to resolve, but that will
be a one time deal.

Michael,

I would leave it in /var/lib/cobbler. Symlink to /etc/cobbler if you must.

IMHO, web-based programs like cobbler shouldn't be writing into /etc

/var/lib is the right place.

R.