Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

Default Cobbler - add post install trigger

Hi,

Attached patch creates a extra trigger (install/post) that is triggers
by a cgi script (like nopxe.cgi) at the end of a installation. I've
think I've covered all bases here but let me know if I missed
something.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Michael DeHaan

Tim Verhoeven wrote:

Hi,

Attached patch creates a extra trigger (install/post) that is triggers
by a cgi script (like nopxe.cgi) at the end of a installation. I've
think I've covered all bases here but let me know if I missed
something.

Regards,
Tim

Looks solid.

Testing shortly and I'll apply it.

Some Wiki content on the triggers page would be great if you'd like to
add it.

I've been thinking about whether it's useful to make everything doable
now from triggers (which can be done in any language) also doable in
modules.
Any interest? This would likely be a bit on the back burner behind
some other module-oriented stuff (auth, logging, looking at SQL again, etc).

(Modules would slightly easier because they can pass Python objects
around, and are also faster if you have a boatload of systems...)

--Michael

Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Nov 29, 2007 7:03 PM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@redhat.com> wrote:

> Some Wiki content on the triggers page would be great if you'd like to
> add it.

No problem, I'll add something tomorrow.

> I've been thinking about whether it's useful to make everything doable
> now from triggers (which can be done in any language) also doable in
> modules.
> Any interest? This would likely be a bit on the back burner behind
> some other module-oriented stuff (auth, logging, looking at SQL again, etc).
>
> (Modules would slightly easier because they can pass Python objects
> around, and are also faster if you have a boatload of systems...)

It sounds like something usefull. Not for me immediately. I'm more
into writing shell scripts first and move to something else if shells
script don't cut it anymore. So for the iSCSI thing I'll probably
write a something in python (since I need the API to create the Xen
config files).

Also generaly speaking at the moment I most likely need/use the sync
and install triggers. I don't see a immediate use for the add/remove
triggers for the different objects in Cobbler.

Thanks for all your help,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)