Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Robin Bowes

Default New yum module: grouppackagetypes

Hi all,

I was trying to find out how I could install just the mandatory packages
from a package group when using "yum groupinstall ...". I found that I
could add a line to /etc/yum.conf:

group_package_types=mandatory

But I'd like to be able to do it from the command line, i.e. without
editing any files, then having to edit them back. So, I asked on the
#yum IRC channel and it was suggested that I could do this with a yum
plugin.

So, not letting the small matter that I don't really know any python get
in the way, I came up with this:

http://robinbowes.com/projects/yum-grouppackagetypes

Hope someone else finds it useful.

R.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
David Lutterkort

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 01:30 +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
> I was trying to find out how I could install just the mandatory packages
> from a package group when using "yum groupinstall ...". I found that I
> could add a line to /etc/yum.conf:

This is the wrong mailing list .. you'd probably get en even more
enthusiastic response if you post this to the yum-devel mailing list[1]

David

[1] http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Robin Bowes

David Lutterkort wrote:

I was trying to find out how I could install just the mandatory packages
from a package group when using "yum groupinstall ...". I found that I
could add a line to /etc/yum.conf:

This is the wrong mailing list .. you'd probably get en even more
enthusiastic response if you post this to the yum-devel mailing list[1]

Thanks David - I actually posted it to this list and the "yum" list. I
got a response from Seth, but I've only just noticed it!

Thanks,

R.