Old 04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
John Eckersberg

Default BIND DNS support

Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:58 AM, John Eckersberg <jeckersb@redhat.com> wrote:

Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM
John Eckersberg

Ah I think this is mailman eating my patch. Here you go:

http://jeckersb.fedorapeople.org/cobbler/0001-Initial-attempt-at-supporting-BIND-DNS-management.patch

/me makes note to look into upgrading mailman

- --
John Eckersberg
Production Operations
Red Hat, Inc.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Michael DeHaan

Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Robin Bowes

John,

Can you add "manage_dns_mode", similar to "manage_dhcp_mode"?

I'd like to see cobbler support managing DNS on systems other than bind
- this would be a very small first step!

R.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Michael DeHaan

Robin Bowes wrote:

John,

Can you add "manage_dns_mode", similar to "manage_dhcp_mode"?

I'd like to see cobbler support managing DNS on systems other than
bind - this would be a very small first step!

We do need this. We actually already do this already for dnsmasq (some
code in dhcpgen.py should actually be in the dnsgen.py).

So we would know not to try to generate bind configs when set for dnsmasq.

The future probably ends up with the individual dns and dhcp types
showing up in the modules directory but with just 2 there's no reason to
do that just yet.

--Michael

Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
John Eckersberg

Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Michael DeHaan

John Eckersberg wrote:

Applied and very cool!

I'm going to be working on integrating this into
/etc/cobbler/modules.conf so don't be too alarmed if the code moves

around slightly.

Thanks!

--Michael