FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora/Linux Management Tools

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

If you're using virt-install
APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
and Fedora 8 onwards

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051

Dan.





So looking at what I posted previously, ex:

http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo

";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
cause an error on Pablo's system?


Pablo, we did confirm the version with just ";" and not "&" as the
seperator did break things, correct?


It would be nice if I could make that also work for 5.1 installs that
were out there as it reduces one extra point of user confusion about where

errors come from...

--Michael

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

Michael DeHaan wrote:



If you're using virt-install
APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
and Fedora 8 onwards

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051

Dan.





So looking at what I posted previously, ex:

http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo

";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that
may cause an error on Pablo's system?


Pablo, we did confirm the version with just ";" and not "&" as the
seperator did break things, correct?


FYI -- Looking at his most recent pastebin, there's the version with the
";" in it instead.




It would be nice if I could make that also work for 5.1 installs that
were out there as it reduces one extra point of user confusion about
where

errors come from...

--Michael



_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:36:25PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
> > If you're using virt-install
> >APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
> >attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
> >and Fedora 8 onwards
> >
> >https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051
> >
> >Dan.
> >
>
> So looking at what I posted previously, ex:
>
> http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo
>
> ";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
> cause an error on Pablo's system?

Please send the actual error message you get...

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston -o- http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://ovirt.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505 -o- F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:36:25PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:


If you're using virt-install
APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
and Fedora 8 onwards

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051

Dan.



So looking at what I posted previously, ex:

http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo

";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
cause an error on Pablo's system?



Please send the actual error message you get...

Dan.



Sure... http://cobbler.pastebin.com/f50f3fa63

1.
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err
'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')
2.
virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')

--Michael



_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:51:31PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:36:25PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> >
> >>>If you're using virt-install
> >>>APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
> >>>attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
> >>>and Fedora 8 onwards
> >>>
> >>>https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051
> >>>
> >>>Dan.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>So looking at what I posted previously, ex:
> >>
> >> http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo
> >>
> >>";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
> >>cause an error on Pablo's system?
> >>
> >
> >Please send the actual error message you get...
> >
> >Dan.
> >
>
> Sure... http://cobbler.pastebin.com/f50f3fa63
>
> 1.
> libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err
> 'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')
> 2.
> virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
> 'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')

This is XenD itself choking on the SEXPR being given to it. It doesn't
seem to like the ';' character, for unknown reasons. Perhaps you can
use a hex code instead ?

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston -o- http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://ovirt.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505 -o- F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Michael DeHaan
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:51:31PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:


Daniel P. Berrange wrote:


On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:36:25PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:



If you're using virt-install
APIs for building the XML document, then it is virt-install's job to do
attribute escaping. This was broken in RHEL-5.1 and is fixed for 5.2
and Fedora 8 onwards

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=417051

Dan.




So looking at what I posted previously, ex:

http://server.example.com/?op=ks;profile=foo

";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
cause an error on Pablo's system?



Please send the actual error message you get...

Dan.



Sure... http://cobbler.pastebin.com/f50f3fa63

1.
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err
'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')
2.
virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
'Invalid configuration unexpected EOF')



This is XenD itself choking on the SEXPR being given to it. It doesn't
seem to like the ';' character, for unknown reasons. Perhaps you can
use a hex code instead ?

Dan.



Awesome, I'll try that.

I did not think to check to see if my kernel option was valid in Lisp.

----

fn 1) I know SEXPR's are not just for Lisp, but that would ruin the joke.




_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 08:12:55PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:51:31PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> >
> >This is XenD itself choking on the SEXPR being given to it. It doesn't
> >seem to like the ';' character, for unknown reasons. Perhaps you can
> >use a hex code instead ?
> >
>
> Awesome, I'll try that.
>
> I did not think to check to see if my kernel option was valid in Lisp.

It is valid - the kernel string we pass in the SEXPR is fully quoted
so XenD should not complain about the ';'. Its parser appears to be
rather braindead though :-(

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston -o- http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://ovirt.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505 -o- F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Pablo Iranzo Gómez
 
Default libvirt and query strings in EL 5.1 behaves differently than F9

Michael

El mar, 22-04-2008 a las 19:36 -0400, Michael DeHaan escribió:
> ";" is (to my eyes) valid in XML. It is, right? Any idea why that may
> cause an error on Pablo's system?
>
> Pablo, we did confirm the version with just ";" and not "&" as the
> seperator did break things, correct?

Failed with both ";" and "&" using koan and virsh

> It would be nice if I could make that also work for 5.1 installs that
> were out there as it reduces one extra point of user confusion about where
> errors come from...

+1

Pablo
--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo@redhat.com)
RHCE/Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain
Phone: +34 645 01 01 49 (CET/CEST)
GnuPG KeyID: 0xFAD3CF0D
---
Dirección Comercial: C/Jose Bardasano Baos, 9, Edif. Gorbea 3, planta 3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain
Dirección Registrada: Red Hat S.L., C/ Velazquez 63, Madrid 28001, Spain
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B82657941
_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org