Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
"Adam Goodall"

Default cobbler reposync with different arch

All

*

I’m having trouble getting cobbler to sync packages
for an arch that is different to the cobbler servers own. I have cobbler
running on an i386 box and for one of the repos I’m mirroring I want to
pull down x86_64. However when the repository syncs down it will only pull the
noarch RPM’s and completely ignores the x86_64 ones. I have the correct
arch set for the repo as is shown in the output of cobbler repo report:

*

repo***** *******:
dag-EL4-x86_64

mirror**********
: http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/x86_64/rpmforge/

keep updated**** : True

priority******** :
99

rpm list******** :
['nagios-plugins', 'nagios-nrpe', 'zonecheck']

createrepo_flags : -c cache

arch************
: x86_64

yum options***** : {}

*

*

In this example the zonecheck rpm (which is noarch) is
pulled but the two nagios rpm’s are ignored.:

*

# cobbler reposync -->

- creating:
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/.origin/dag-EL4-x86_64.repo

- /usr/bin/yumdownloader --resolve* -c
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/.origin/dag-EL4-x86_64.repo
--destdir=/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64 nagios-plugins
nagios-nrpe zonecheck

No Match for argument nagios-plugins

No Match for argument nagios-nrpe

/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64/zonecheck-2.0.4-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm
already exists and appears to be complete

- createrepo -c cache
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64

1/1 - zonecheck-2.0.4-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm

Saving Primary metadata

Saving file lists metadata

Saving other metadata

-*********
creating:
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64/config.repo

*

*

Does anyone have any ideas where im going wrong or what I need
to do to make it work? If it helps I’m running on RHEL5 with the
following versions:

# rpm -qa| egrep -i "cobbler|yum"

yum-utils-1.0.4-3.el5

yum-updatesd-3.0.1-5.el5

yum-rhn-plugin-0.5.2-5.el5_1.2

yum-3.0.1-5.el5

yum-security-1.0.4-3.el5

cobbler-0.8.2-1.el5

yum-metadata-parser-1.0-8.fc6

*

Thanks

Adam

You might be interested in this...

Find out what funding is available for schools in England over the next three years:

http://www.rm.com/funding

P.S. Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to.

This message is confidential, so please treat it appropriately and for its intended purpose only. In particular, if it refers to any technical data, terms or prices not generally available or known, such items are "commercially sensitive information" within the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related laws. As it would be prejudicial to RM's commercial interests if these were disclosed, please refrain from doing so.

As Internet communications are not secure, please be aware that RM cannot accept responsibility for its contents. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please accept our apologies and arrange for copies of it to be deleted. For your information, RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

RM Education plc

Registered Office: New Mill House, 183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SE, England

Registered Number: 1148594

Old 04-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Michael DeHaan

Adam Goodall wrote:

All

I’m having trouble getting cobbler to sync packages for an arch that
is different to the cobbler servers own. I have cobbler running on an
i386 box and for one of the repos I’m mirroring I want to pull down
x86_64. However when the repository syncs down it will only pull the
noarch RPM’s and completely ignores the x86_64 ones. I have the
correct arch set for the repo as is shown in the output of cobbler
repo report:

I missed this in the queue earlier. The arch parameter is needed for
reposync (part of yum, not to be confused with the cobbler reposync
which knows about both yum and rsync) to pull down files of a different
arch. I would file a bug with yumdownloader (see the
/usr/bin/yumdownloader) command below if you think it's not pulling down
the right packages.

repo : dag-EL4-x86_64

mirror : http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/x86_64/rpmforge/

keep updated : True

priority : 99

rpm list : ['nagios-plugins', 'nagios-nrpe', 'zonecheck']

createrepo_flags : -c cache

arch : x86_64

yum options : {}

In this example the zonecheck rpm (which is noarch) is pulled but the
two nagios rpm’s are ignored.:

# cobbler reposync --only=dag-EL4-x86_64

- creating: /var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/.origin/dag-EL4-x86_64.repo

- /usr/bin/yumdownloader --resolve -c
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/.origin/dag-EL4-x86_64.repo
--destdir=/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64 nagios-plugins
nagios-nrpe zonecheck

No Match for argument nagios-plugins

No Match for argument nagios-nrpe

/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64/zonecheck-2.0.4-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm
already exists and appears to be complete

- createrepo -c cache /var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/dag-EL4-x86_64