FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora/Linux Management Tools

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Lance Haig
 
Default Packaging virt-manager for forsightlinux

Hi,

I am trying to package virt-manager, virtinst and virt-viewer for
foresight linux.


I have been able to package virt-manager and virtinst. When I run
virt-manager and try to connect to the local machine with kvm/qemu
installed it gives me a traceback about libvirtd not running.


I have libvirt installed as I can run kvm/qemu machines without much fuss.

Have I missed something?

Regards

Lance

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"
 
Default Packaging virt-manager for forsightlinux

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 01:16:13PM +0100, Lance Haig wrote:
> I am trying to package virt-manager, virtinst and virt-viewer for foresight
> linux.

(As background, Foresight Linux uses the Conary package manager as
written by rPath:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conary_%28package_manager%29)

> I have been able to package virt-manager and virtinst. When I run
> virt-manager and try to connect to the local machine with kvm/qemu
> installed it gives me a traceback about libvirtd not running.
>
> I have libvirt installed as I can run kvm/qemu machines without much fuss.

Before launching into virt-manager, start with the basics. What do
these commands say?

virsh list
virsh list --all
virsh -c qemu:///system list

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
live CD or over the network (PXE) and turn machines into Xen guests.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM
"lhaig-haigmail.com"
 
Default Packaging virt-manager for forsightlinux

Thank Richard,

I sent that a while ago and then found out that virsh does not exist.

I will have to package that first :-)

So I will get back to you on that

Thanks for the help

Lance

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:33:53 +0100, "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 01:16:13PM +0100, Lance Haig wrote:
>> I am trying to package virt-manager, virtinst and virt-viewer for
> foresight
>> linux.
>
> (As background, Foresight Linux uses the Conary package manager as
> written by rPath:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conary_%28package_manager%29)
>
>> I have been able to package virt-manager and virtinst. When I run
>> virt-manager and try to connect to the local machine with kvm/qemu
>> installed it gives me a traceback about libvirtd not running.
>>
>> I have libvirt installed as I can run kvm/qemu machines without much
> fuss.
>
> Before launching into virt-manager, start with the basics. What do
> these commands say?
>
> virsh list
> virsh list --all
> virsh -c qemu:///system list
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
> live CD or over the network (PXE) and turn machines into Xen guests.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v
>
> _______________________________________________
> et-mgmt-tools mailing list
> et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"
 
Default Packaging virt-manager for forsightlinux

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:03:24AM -0400, lhaig-haigmail.com wrote:
> I sent that a while ago and then found out that virsh does not exist.

OK. virsh is part of libvirt.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
live CD or over the network (PXE) and turn machines into Xen guests.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
"lhaig-haigmail.com"
 
Default Packaging virt-manager for forsightlinux

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help.

I will go and make sure I get all the relevant packages built and installed
before I make my name arse again :-)

Thanks again

Lance

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:39:49 +0100, "Richard W.M. Jones"
<rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:03:24AM -0400, lhaig-haigmail.com wrote:
>> I sent that a while ago and then found out that virsh does not exist.
>
> OK. virsh is part of libvirt.
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
> live CD or over the network (PXE) and turn machines into Xen guests.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v
>
> _______________________________________________
> et-mgmt-tools mailing list
> et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools

_______________________________________________
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
et-mgmt-tools@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org