-   -   unwanted prompt during koan xen install ... (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/61228-unwanted-prompt-during-koan-xen-install.html)

"Sandor W. Sklar" 03-27-2008 09:37 PM

unwanted prompt during koan xen install ...

I've got my kickstart for rhel5 xen guests defined with the following
disk/partition info:

bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=xvda --append="console=xvc0"
clearpart --all --drives=xvda
part swap --fstype swap --size 512 --ondisk=xvda
part / --fstype ext3 --ondisk=xvda --size=1 --grow

When I run my koan command and connect to the xm console, the install
works perfectly, with one hitch: I get prompted at the start of
anaconda, with ...

Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

+-----------------+ Warning +-----------------+
| |
| The partition table on device xvda was |
| unreadable. To create new partitions it |
| must be initialized, causing the loss of |
| ALL DATA on this drive. |
| |
| This operation will override any previous |
| installation choices about which drives |
| to ignore. |
| |
| Would you like to initialize this drive, |
| erasing ALL DATA? |
| |
| +-----+ +----+ |
| | Yes | | No | |
| +-----+ +----+ |
| |
| |

<Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements | <Space> selects | <F12>
next screen

... and once I click "Yes", the rest of the install runs completely
automated without interaction. When I build physical systems, via a
similar (but obviously, not identical) kickstart, I don't have to
interact with the installer at all. Anything obvious I'm doing wrong
to cause that prompt to get thrown up?

Thanks,
-s-

Jeroen van Meeuwen 03-27-2008 09:53 PM

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:
I've got my kickstart for rhel5 xen guests defined with the following
disk/partition info:

bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=xvda --append="console=xvc0"
clearpart --all --drives=xvda
part swap --fstype swap --size 512 --ondisk=xvda
part / --fstype ext3 --ondisk=xvda --size=1 --grow

When I run my koan command and connect to the xm console, the install
works perfectly, with one hitch: I get prompted at the start of
anaconda, with ...

Have you tried adding '--initlabel' to clearpart?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

"Sandor W. Sklar" 03-27-2008 10:02 PM

unwanted prompt during koan xen install ...

I've got my kickstart for rhel5 xen guests defined with the
following disk/partition info:

bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=xvda --append="console=xvc0"
clearpart --all --drives=xvda
part swap --fstype swap --size 512 --ondisk=xvda
part / --fstype ext3 --ondisk=xvda --size=1 --grow
When I run my koan command and connect to the xm console, the
install works perfectly, with one hitch: I get prompted at the
start of anaconda, with ...

Have you tried adding '--initlabel' to clearpart?

That was it, exactly. Thanks, and I now feel dumb for overlooking
that. :-)

-s-

Jeroen van Meeuwen 03-27-2008 10:06 PM

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

I've got my kickstart for rhel5 xen guests defined with the following
disk/partition info:

bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=xvda --append="console=xvc0"
clearpart --all --drives=xvda
part swap --fstype swap --size 512 --ondisk=xvda
part / --fstype ext3 --ondisk=xvda --size=1 --grow
When I run my koan command and connect to the xm console, the install
works perfectly, with one hitch: I get prompted at the start of
anaconda, with ...

Have you tried adding '--initlabel' to clearpart?

That was it, exactly. Thanks, and I now feel dumb for overlooking
that. :-)

And I feel nerdy for remembering it ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen