Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Lance Haig

Default Packaging for Conary

Hi,

I am trying to package virt-manager for the foresight distro.

Foresight uses the conary package management environment and to package
for it you can build from source.

I have been able to package 0.5.4 and it installs just fine.

The problem is that if I run it on a machine that has qemu installed and
has a few vm's configured. nothing happens.

Is there a way I can debug this?

Thanks

Lance

Old 03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 07:55:07PM +0000, Lance Haig wrote:
> The problem is that if I run it on a machine that has qemu installed and
> has a few vm's configured. nothing happens.

I'm guessing that you must have got libvirt installed in that case.
What is the output of:

virsh -c qemu:///system list

Is libvirtd running?

Definitely concentrate on the libvirt/virsh lowlevel stuff before
trying to get virt-manager going.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

Old 03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Lance Haig

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

The problem is that if I run it on a machine that has qemu installed and
has a few vm's configured. nothing happens.

I'm guessing that you must have got libvirt installed in that case.
What is the output of:

virsh -c qemu:///system list

Is libvirtd running?

Definitely concentrate on the libvirt/virsh lowlevel stuff before
trying to get virt-manager going.

Rich.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the response.

I had one of the guys on our irc point out that if you run virt-manager
--no-fork it errored out with no virinst installed so I will package
that first

Thanks

Lance