Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Richard Abbott

Default cobbler using old IP address

I am having an issue with cobbler holding onto an old ip address.

I have gotten cobbler installed and several systems successfully
reimaging themselves on a weekly basis from the cobbler server. Last
week it was necessary to change the ip address of the cobbler server
from 192.168.1.163 to 192.168.0.163. I have gone through and updated the
kickstart file to reflect the change and run a cobbler sync.

Then when I tried to reinstall one of the clients with koan I got the
following output

[root@camaro ~]# koan --server=192.168.0.163 --replace-self
- Auto detected: camaro
- using kickstart from cobbler:
http://192.168.1.163/cblr/kickstarts_sys/camaro/ks.cfg
Unable to download kickstart, perhaps cobbler sync was not run recently,
Apache is not running, or the server address in the cobbler settings
file is wrong.

I went through all of the files in the /var/www/cobbler
directories(distro, kickstarts, systems, etc.) and found 192.168.1.163
sprinkled in many different files. I went through and hand modified each
file to have the correct 0.163 address. When I ran cobbler sync again
all of the files reverted back to the 192.168.1.163 address.

I am not sure what I need to do to make the cobbler server files have
the correct addresses in them.

Thanks

--
Richard Abbott <rabbott@ticom-geo.com>
TICOM Geomatics, Inc.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Michael DeHaan

Richard Abbott wrote:

[...]

I would first upgrade to 0.6.4 if you haven't already. There's some
work done there to make cobbler much easier to migrate between server
addresses.

If you are running an older version, carefully edit the values in
/var/lib/cobbler/distros and you'll be able to migrate it.

Once you upgrade to 0.6.4, you can replace the addresses in that file
with "@@server@@" and then all you'll ever have to edit is the one field
in /var/lib/cobbler/settings.

(You shouldn't edit files in /var/www/cobbler because they are output
from cobbler sync. They are not input files)

Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Richard Abbott

Michael,

Was already running 0.6.4-2 so I replaced the addresses in the distros
file with @@server@@ and made the necessary changes in the settings file
and its working beautifully again.

Thanks for the quick response.