Old 02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Bob Tennent

Default sound configuration

An earlier message

http://www.redhat.com/archives/et-mgmt-tools/2007-June/msg00021.html

says

Audio devices are on the radar but there's no support yet. For the
moment you'll have to manually modify the guest config.

Could I see an example of a sound configuration in a guest.xml file? I
can see in documentation examples what the command-line options look
like but I don't know where the XML format is documented.

Bob T.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 PM
James Bensley

Hey List,

I have on board 5.1 surround which works fine and I can select from
the Sound Preferences "Profile" menu "Analog Surround 5.1 Output" but
I want to use my Digital out however within my Sound Preferences
"Profile" menu only "Digital Stereo" options are available (they are
listed below). They do work, feeding a digital signal to my A/V amp
for decoding but as stated they are only stereo? How can I add a
"Digital Surround" option in there or edit the existing ones, or what
changes are required to make Ubuntu pickup that it has 5.1 digital
out?

The machine is dual boot with Windows and I have tested from Windows
and everything works great over the digital out, I just need to get it
working in Ubuntu. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and have
downloaded the latest ALSA drivers and they are installed and running.

Note: As mentioned above, the only two digital options given to me are
"Digital Stereo Duplex (IEC958)" and "Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output +
Analog Stereo Input".

Many thanks.

James

Charles de Gaulle - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html