Old 02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Tom Brown

Default Have 1 cobbler server know about boxes built by another

In my situation i have a 'build' network where bare metal gets done -
Once this is built it is moved into the correct network whether that
be dev, qa or prod or whatever. Once in those networks they can be
rebuild, using koan, by build machines in those networks, we dont
allow machines to straddle networks hence having different build
machines in each network. Is there a way to let other cobbler servers
know that a box is build using a different cobbler server?

You can solve that problem in a different way, without having to keep
track of things. Basically cobbler doesn't keep inventory of what
you have installed so that is up to you. However I'm not sure that's
a problem.

so how does the cobbler server know what to install when you reinstall
using koan? I presumed that it remembers the name/mac or something so
when it sees that again it knows what profile to install the machine
back to?