Old 02-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Tom Brown

Default Have 1 cobbler server know about boxes built by another

Hi

In my situation i have a 'build' network where bare metal gets done -
Once this is built it is moved into the correct network whether that be
dev, qa or prod or whatever. Once in those networks they can be rebuild,
using koan, by build machines in those networks, we dont allow machines
to straddle networks hence having different build machines in each
network. Is there a way to let other cobbler servers know that a box is
build using a different cobbler server?

ie bare metal server tells prod server about all its machines so that
prod server can rebuild them?

does that make sense?

thanks