Old 02-07-2008, 04:52 AM
"S.Sakamoto"

Default The bridge of bonding and the tag VLAN is not displayed in virt-manager

Hi,

virt-manager can display only the bridge of the physics network device now
when add a device and make a guest domain newly.
A bridge of bonding and Tag VLAN is not displayed.

So, I make the patch that a bridge of bonding and Tag VLAN came to be displayed.
Do not getout from processing specific linux...
but can use a bridge of bonding and the tag VLAN.

Thanks,
Shigeki Sakamoto

Old 02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 02:52:40PM +0900, S.Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> virt-manager can display only the bridge of the physics network device now
> when add a device and make a guest domain newly.
> A bridge of bonding and Tag VLAN is not displayed.
>
> So, I make the patch that a bridge of bonding and Tag VLAN came to be displayed.
> Do not getout from processing specific linux...
> but can use a bridge of bonding and the tag VLAN.

I'd definitely welcome code to deal with VLANs - and we're already Linux
specific in this code, so that's not a problem.

We can't use the 'rhpl*' python libraries though - these are Red Hat
specific libraries, so if we use them, virt-manager won't be able to run
on Debian/SUSE/etc

If you can adapt the code to remove use of 'import rhpl' then that'd be
good.

Regards,
Dan.
--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston. +1 978 392 2496 -=|
|=- Perl modules: http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ -=|