Old 02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
"Adam Goodall"

Default cobbler and multiple rhn repositories

Hi

*

I’m currently testing cobbler and so far it has done
everything ive asked of it flawlessly. There is however one function I need
some help with. Im trying to get it to pull down multiple rhn channels so that I
can deploy/patch both rhel4 and rhel5 from the cobbler server.

*

The box itself is RHEL 5 so it has no problem mirroring rhn://rhel-i386-server-5
I would also however like to mirror rhn://rhel-i386-es-4 , Whenever I try and
run a reposync with this repo added, I of course get told that the system isn’t
entitled to download the rhel4 content.

*

Using mrepo’s tools and the instructions at:

http://www.labmonkeys.org/systems_managementatch_management:installing_mre po_on_rhel5

I have managed to get a separate systemid for the box which is allowed to pull
down rhel4 content, and I can successfully create a local mirror of rhel-i386-es-4
in that fashion.

*

I would however like to add this into my cobbler setup with the minimum
of fuss. I could of course tell cobbler to create a repo from the local files
but that means keeping 2 copies of the rpm’s. Or I could just add the
repository manually in the post of all my kickstart files. But both of these
methods involve a bit more management as I still need to make sure that the
rhel4 mirror is correctly synching – would be nice it it “just
worked”

*

Does anyone know of a way to get cobbler to pull down content from the
rhel4 channel using the alternative systemid? Or of any other ingenious methods
to achieve what I want?

*

Thanks

Adam

You might be interested in this...

Over the next few months RM is hosting a number of free and exciting events...

...to ensure you don't miss out, click here more information.

P.S. Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to.

This message is confidential, so please treat it appropriately and for its intended purpose only. In particular, if it refers to any technical data, terms or prices not generally available or known, such items are "commercially sensitive information" within the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related laws. As it would be prejudicial to RM's commercial interests if these were disclosed, please refrain from doing so.

As Internet communications are not secure, please be aware that RM cannot accept responsibility for its contents. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please accept our apologies and arrange for copies of it to be deleted. For your information, RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

RM Education plc

Registered Office: New Mill House, 183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SE, England

Registered Number: 1148594