Old 02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
"Sebastian Reitenbach"

Default problem to connect to remote xend from virt-manager

Hi,

I am connecting from an opensuse 10.3 to a sles10sp1, using virt-manager.
In the connection configuration I chose "Remote tunnel over SSH". On my
first try, it did not find "nc" on the remote sles host. That was easy to
fix, create a symlink from netcat to nc. But then, when I now try, it seems
to try to use "nc" with an invalid option:

virt-manager
Password:
nc: invalid option -- U
Try `nc --help' for more information.
libvir: Remote error : socket closed unexpectedly

netcat-1.10 is installed on both hosts, on the client, libvirt-0.3.0-30.5,
virt-manager-0.4.0-68 are installed, on the xen server,
virt-manager-0.3.1-0.27, and libvirt-0.3.3-18.4 is installed.

I've seen on OpenBSD, the netcat has option -U, which is there use a unix
domain socket.

Is there anything I can do about that?

cheers
Sebastian