Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default Changing items in /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/{MACADDRESS}

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

Sorry for responding to my own question, but I figured it out.

Setting --kopts="ksdevice=eth2" does work, but ONLY if you also
specify the MAC address when you add the system.

-s-

Right. Either the mac or the ip is needed so that syslinux can pick up
the right settings file.

You could also optionally add it to the profile and pick the profile
from the boot menu (type menu while booting to activate the PXE menu).

If you want to default to ksdevice=link across the board, you can change
that value in /var/lib/cobbler/settings

--Michael