-   -   Problems adding/removing profiles/systems (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/3738-problems-adding-removing-profiles-systems.html)

Tom Brown 11-23-2007 05:50 PM

Problems adding/removing profiles/systems

Hi

Sorry to be causing a lot of noise on here but once i get the basics i
think i'll be quiet!

I appear to have done something wrong, i am trying to add systems using
variables. Anyhow i have put everything back to how it was (when it
worked) i have only been editing my .ks's and trying to add a few systems.

Anyhow whenever i do anything to my system now i am left with the the
following. Can anyone help me 'reset' things as a cobbler sync blows up
with the following.

thanks for any pointers to debug these things!

tom

# cobbler system delete --name=test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 783,
in main

BootCLI(sys.argv).run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 42,
in __init__

self.api = api.BootAPI()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 43, in
__init__

self.deserialize()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 227, in
deserialize

return self._config.deserialize()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/config.py", line 169,
in deserialize

if not serializer.deserialize(x,topological=True):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/serializer.py", line
64, in deserialize

return storage_module.deserialize(obj,topological)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/modules/serializer_yaml.py",
line 100, in deserialize

datastruct = yaml.load(data).next() # first record
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line 84,
in next

return self.parseLines()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line 93,
in parseLines

return self.parse_collection([], self.parse_seq_line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
101, in parse_collection

lineParser(items)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
107, in parse_seq_line

items.append(self.parse_seq_value(value))
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
151, in parse_seq_value

return self.parse_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
166, in parse_value

value = self.parse_unaliased_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
181, in parse_unaliased_value

return self.parse_untyped_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
230, in parse_untyped_value

return self.parseLines()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line 95,
in parseLines

return self.parse_collection(self.dictionary(), self.parse_map_line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
101, in parse_collection

lineParser(items)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
115, in parse_map_line

self.parse_map_line_simple(items, self.line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
134, in parse_map_line_simple

items[key] = self.parse_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
166, in parse_value

value = self.parse_unaliased_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
181, in parse_unaliased_value

return self.parse_untyped_value(value)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
230, in parse_untyped_value

return self.parseLines()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line 93,
in parseLines

return self.parse_collection([], self.parse_seq_line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
101, in parse_collection

lineParser(items)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line
109, in parse_seq_line

self.error("missing '-' for seq")
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/load.py", line 64,
in error

self.nestedDocs.error(msg, self.line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cobbler/yaml/stream.py", line
188, in error

raise YamlLoaderException(msg, self.lastLineRead(), line, self.filename)
YamlLoaderException: missing '-' for seq:
near line 19:
gateway: '192.168.10.1'

Michael DeHaan 11-26-2007 03:11 PM

Tom Brown wrote:

Hi

Sorry to be causing a lot of noise on here but once i get the basics i
think i'll be quiet!

I appear to have done something wrong, i am trying to add systems
using variables. Anyhow i have put everything back to how it was (when
it worked) i have only been editing my .ks's and trying to add a few
systems.

Anyhow whenever i do anything to my system now i am left with the the
following. Can anyone help me 'reset' things as a cobbler sync blows
up with the following.

thanks for any pointers to debug these things!

tom

Tom,

Looks like you've had a fun week. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding systems using variables".

Anyhow, it looks like you've added some junk to your cobbler data files
somehow, and now they aren't formatted correctly. I'm not sure if you
hand edited them or just managed to trick the CLI into adding things to
them, but the easiest way to fix things is...

rm /var/lib/cobbler/distros
rm /var/lib/cobbler/profiles
rm /var/lib/cobbler/systems
rm /var/lib/cobbler/repos

This will erase your current cobbler configuration and allow you to
start over. You might want to consider keeping backups of
/var/lib/cobbler.

If you think this is something you've managed to do with the CLI and not
by hand-editing the files, you may want to send me a copy of those files
off list and maybe I can figure out what happened to them.

--Michael

Tom Brown 11-26-2007 03:36 PM

[...]

Hi Michael

Yes - end of last week was interesting for sure!! Thanks for the many
replies that you sent. To cut a long story short i have pretty much got
things going now so that i can do something along the lines of a

# ./buildbox.sh 00:0C:29:71:D7:4D 192.168.10.25 getting-there
192.168.10.1 CentOS-4.5-i386

on the cobbler box and this will do its magic on the target machines -
So builds, and rebuilds using koan, are so far working great.

I am not sure how i managed to get something into the cobbler config but
it was not hand generated as such, i definately introduced it using the
cobbler system add command however it was part of the --ksmeta that
caused it grief. In the end i hand edited /var/lib/cobbler/systems and
figured out the broken bit enough to be able to remove the system cleanly.

I am still getting to grips but i have the system running and the gui
functional and so far so good -

thanks again

tom