Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
"Kris Helenek"

Default Open and Details buttons do nothing

Hi,

I have installed FC8 and Xen, booted it with xen kernel, and added a 2nd
domain so that I now have 2 domains running properly on my machine. I then
open your tool (Virtual Machine Manager) and can accurately view a list of
my domains and their basic info. But if I select one of my domains and click
the Details or Open buttons (or select Edit->Details, or right click and
select Details) nothing happens. I *can* open the Edit-Preferences, and
Edit->Host Details, but just not the machine details.

I know this isn't much to go on, but if this is known behavior or if there
is advice on what I can do to debug what is going on it would be much
appreciated. I checked the few logs I could think of on the machine but I
have no idea what is going on. This is a fresh install today.

Thanks,

Kris

-------------

# uname -a

Linux xenqa.studentsonly.com 2.6.21-2952.fc8xen #1 SMP Mon Nov 19 07:06:36
EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Old 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 01:04:49PM -0500, Kris Helenek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed FC8 and Xen, booted it with xen kernel, and added a 2nd
> domain so that I now have 2 domains running properly on my machine. I then
> open your tool (Virtual Machine Manager) and can accurately view a list of
> my domains and their basic info. But if I select one of my domains and
> click the Details or Open buttons (or select Edit->Details, or right click
> and select Details) nothing happens. I *can* open the Edit-Preferences,
> and Edit->Host Details, but just not the machine details.
>
> I know this isn't much to go on, but if this is known behavior or if there
> is advice on what I can do to debug what is going on it would be much
> appreciated. I checked the few logs I could think of on the machine but I
> have no idea what is going on. This is a fresh install today.

Install the latest 'python-virtinst' and 'virt-manager' from updates-testing
F8 repository and this should probably be resolved.

Dan.
--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston. +1 978 392 2496 -=|
|=- Perl modules: http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ -=|

Old 01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
"Kris Helenek"

Woops - probably the wrong place for this. Just found the Fedora bugzilla.
I found a bug there that is probably related.