Old 01-11-2008, 01:05 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

Default ANNOUNCE: virt-manager 0.5.3 and virtinst 0.300.2 releases

I'm happy to announce the availability of virt-manager 0.5.3 and
virtinst 0.300.2 bug fix releases on the download page:

http://virt-manager.org/download.html

The virt-manager-0.5.3 release:

http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-manager/virt-manager-0.5.3.tar.gz

This is a bug fix release. The sizing of the VNC window is fixed for
screens where the physical size is less than the guest screen size.
The 'new vm' button is switched back to its old (more obvious style/
placement). Restore of VMs is working again for local connections. A
menu for sending special key sequences to the guest is added. Lots
of other misc bug fixes

The virtinst 0.300.2 release:

http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virtinst/virtinst-0.300.2.tar.gz

This release fixes a couple of minor bugs. XML attributes are correctly
escaped in the XML. vCPUs can be pinned to pCPUs at install time. Windows
guests will be automatically configured to use localtime. Improved input
validation.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these releases via patches, bug
reports & fixes, new features, and general testing & comments / feedback

Regards,
Dan
--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston. +1 978 392 2496 -=|
|=- Perl modules: http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ -=|

Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Jan 10, 2008 7:05 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the availability of virt-manager 0.5.3 and
> virtinst 0.300.2 bug fix releases on the download page:
>
> http://virt-manager.org/download.html
>
> The virt-manager-0.5.3 release:
>
> http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-manager/virt-manager-0.5.3.tar.gz
>
> This is a bug fix release. The sizing of the VNC window is fixed for
> screens where the physical size is less than the guest screen size.
> The 'new vm' button is switched back to its old (more obvious style/
> placement). Restore of VMs is working again for local connections. A
> menu for sending special key sequences to the guest is added. Lots
> of other misc bug fixes

What is the status of these working with RHEL-5? I am mostly trying to
gauge if these are for Fedora 9 or could be used with CentOS/RHEL?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:37 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 08:28:52PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 7:05 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> > I'm happy to announce the availability of virt-manager 0.5.3 and
> > virtinst 0.300.2 bug fix releases on the download page:
> >
> > http://virt-manager.org/download.html
> >
> > The virt-manager-0.5.3 release:
> >
> > http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-manager/virt-manager-0.5.3.tar.gz
> >
> > This is a bug fix release. The sizing of the VNC window is fixed for
> > screens where the physical size is less than the guest screen size.
> > The 'new vm' button is switched back to its old (more obvious style/
> > placement). Restore of VMs is working again for local connections. A
> > menu for sending special key sequences to the guest is added. Lots
> > of other misc bug fixes
> >

> What is the status of these working with RHEL-5? I am mostly trying to
> gauge if these are for Fedora 9 or could be used with CentOS/RHEL?

They won't work on RHEL-5.1 because they require a newer version of libvirt
than is present, and remote management also requires newer support for VNC
encryption in Xen. They should work on F-7 or later,and I will be pushing
updates to Fedora soon

Dan.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Jan 10, 2008 8:37 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 08:28:52PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 2008 7:05 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > I'm happy to announce the availability of virt-manager 0.5.3 and
> > > virtinst 0.300.2 bug fix releases on the download page:
> > >
> > > http://virt-manager.org/download.html
> > >
> > > The virt-manager-0.5.3 release:
> > >
> > > http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-manager/virt-manager-0.5.3.tar.gz
> > >
> > > This is a bug fix release. The sizing of the VNC window is fixed for
> > > screens where the physical size is less than the guest screen size.
> > > The 'new vm' button is switched back to its old (more obvious style/
> > > placement). Restore of VMs is working again for local connections. A
> > > menu for sending special key sequences to the guest is added. Lots
> > > of other misc bug fixes
> > >

> > What is the status of these working with RHEL-5? I am mostly trying to
> > gauge if these are for Fedora 9 or could be used with CentOS/RHEL?
>
> They won't work on RHEL-5.1 because they require a newer version of libvirt
> than is present, and remote management also requires newer support for VNC
> encryption in Xen. They should work on F-7 or later,and I will be pushing
> updates to Fedora soon

Foo. Sigh.. ok thanks. the libvirt I could see updating.. but the Xen
changes would be a massive item.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Farkas Levente

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 8:37 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> What is the status of these working with RHEL-5? I am mostly trying to
>>> gauge if these are for Fedora 9 or could be used with CentOS/RHEL?
>> They won't work on RHEL-5.1 because they require a newer version of libvirt
>> than is present, and remote management also requires newer support for VNC
>> encryption in Xen. They should work on F-7 or later,and I will be pushing
>> updates to Fedora soon
>>

> Foo. Sigh.. ok thanks. the libvirt I could see updating.. but the Xen
> changes would be a massive item.

hmm, although i already recompile all the required packages and we use
them since months without problems. the rpms can be found here:
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/redhat/5/

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"