Old 01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default Cobbler 0.6.5, Koan 0.6.4

New releases...

Nothing major. This is mainly just to update the apps with a few needed
features while development on Cobbler 0.7.X continues.

Cobbler 0.6.5 changes:
- Fix for f8 comps.xml name change
- Fix for repo file permissions during cobbler reposync

Koan 0.6.4 has a few more features:
- Added --nogfx option when creating virtual guests to disable VNC and
just use the console
- Allow Xen machines to be constructed with no disks (size=0), but not
qemu/KVM

- Support Xen Fullvirt via PXE (requires Cobbler 0.7.X)
- Add new --autonet parameter (see manpage)
- Fail if kernel argument length exceeds the 255 cap, as truncation can
lead to hard to debug errors.

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/

Should be pushed to Fedora/EPEL shortly...

--Michael

Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 03:59:03PM -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> New releases...
>
> Nothing major. This is mainly just to update the apps with a few needed
> features while development on Cobbler 0.7.X continues.
>
> Cobbler 0.6.5 changes:
> - Fix for f8 comps.xml name change
> - Fix for repo file permissions during cobbler reposync
>
> Koan 0.6.4 has a few more features:
> - Added --nogfx option when creating virtual guests to disable VNC and
> just use the console
> - Allow Xen machines to be constructed with no disks (size=0), but not
> qemu/KVM
> - Support Xen Fullvirt via PXE (requires Cobbler 0.7.X)

FYI, F9 Xen will (almost certainly) contain support for booting Xen
fullvirt guests with a direct kernel + initrd. I've got the patches
in rawhide - Xen config syntax is the same as for paravirt guests. Need
to get them accepted by upstream Xen, but once that's done I'll enable
support in libvirt. So we'll have parity in terms of local boot
functionality between Xen PV, Xen HVM and KVM. Just PXE for Xen paravirt
to figure out now...

Dan.
--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston. +1 978 392 2496 -=|
|=- Perl modules: http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ -=|

Old 01-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Michael DeHaan

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

Nothing major. This is mainly just to update the apps with a few needed
features while development on Cobbler 0.7.X continues.

Cobbler 0.6.5 changes:
- Fix for f8 comps.xml name change
- Fix for repo file permissions during cobbler reposync

Koan 0.6.4 has a few more features:
- Added --nogfx option when creating virtual guests to disable VNC and
just use the console
- Allow Xen machines to be constructed with no disks (size=0), but not
qemu/KVM

- Support Xen Fullvirt via PXE (requires Cobbler 0.7.X)

FYI, F9 Xen will (almost certainly) contain support for booting Xen
fullvirt guests with a direct kernel + initrd. I've got the patches
in rawhide - Xen config syntax is the same as for paravirt guests.

Great! PXE is still undoable for a large portion of the install base
(because of static

IPs or other IT reasons), so that will be great thing to have.

Need
to get them accepted by upstream Xen, but once that's done I'll enable
support in libvirt. So we'll have parity in terms of local boot
functionality between Xen PV, Xen HVM and KVM. Just PXE for Xen paravirt

to figure out now...

Yep, sounds good, let me know when I can add them to koan and I'll get
it in there!

Dan.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Michael DeHaan

Michael DeHaan wrote:

New releases...

FYI ... the builders appear to be running slowly, so if these updates do
not show up in Fedora/EPEL shortly, I will submit them next week.

Until then, feel free to use the uploaded RPMs. The versions in source
control differ /slightly/ in that they are buildable in F-9, but no other

changes.

--Michael

Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
"Jason Hartley"

On 1/10/08, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@redhat.com> wrote:
> New releases...
>
> Nothing major. This is mainly just to update the apps with a few needed
> features while development on Cobbler 0.7.X continues.
>
> Cobbler 0.6.5 changes:
> - Fix for f8 comps.xml name change
> - Fix for repo file permissions during cobbler reposync
>
> Koan 0.6.4 has a few more features:
> - Added --nogfx option when creating virtual guests to disable VNC and
> just use the console
> - Allow Xen machines to be constructed with no disks (size=0), but not
> qemu/KVM
> - Support Xen Fullvirt via PXE (requires Cobbler 0.7.X)
> - Add new --autonet parameter (see manpage)
> - Fail if kernel argument length exceeds the 255 cap, as truncation can
> lead to hard to debug errors.
>
> http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/
>
> Should be pushed to Fedora/EPEL shortly...
>
> --Michael

Michael-
Thanks! The new koan option "--nogfx" works like a champ.

Regards,
Jason Hartley