-   -   Virt-p2v and RAID Controller drivers (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/264754-virt-p2v-raid-controller-drivers.html)

"Jonathan Pregler" 03-17-2009 11:33 AM

Virt-p2v and RAID Controller drivers

Does anyone know if there is a module to compile into the
virt-p2v cd that will support HP and Dell RAID controllers?

*

*

Jonathan Pregler

Senior Network Engineer

C-Net Inc.

jonathan.pregler@cnetokc.com

405.376.6644

Fax: 405.376.3036

*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is being sent by Cnet Inc. for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure and/or distribution by any recipient
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete and/or destroy all copies of this message regardless
of form and any included attachments and notify Cnet
Inc. immediately by contacting the sender via reply e-mail
or forwarding to support@cnetokc.com.

*

"Nick Haunold" 03-17-2009 11:17 PM

Virt-p2v and RAID Controller drivers

Hey Jonathon

*

I asked a similar question last week and
haven’t heard a response.

If you here something could you let me
know?

I am trying to use virt-p2v on Dell blades
and get kernel panics during the boot up, I believe this is caused by raid driver
issue.

*

Thanks

Nick

*

"Jonathan Pregler" 03-18-2009 06:58 PM

Virt-p2v and RAID Controller drivers

Nick,

*

Thanks for the response.* If I get a
response to my question and a resolution I will let you know.

*

Just to let you know I am in the process
of building my own SUSE live CD with the virt-p2v conversion tool in it to have
both HP and Dell RAID drivers compiled into the kernel.

*

Have you had any luck with any RAID Cards
yet?

*

I am actually on site doing some VM
conversions but I had to create my VM’s from scratch.

*

Let me know* Thanks.

*

*

Jonathan Pregler

Senior Network Engineer

C-Net Inc.

jonathan.pregler@cnetokc.com

405.376.6644

Fax: 405.376.3036

*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is being sent by Cnet Inc. for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure and/or distribution by any recipient
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete and/or destroy all copies of this message regardless
of form and any included attachments and notify Cnet
Inc. immediately by contacting the sender via reply e-mail
or forwarding to support@cnetokc.com.

**