-   -   : Add VirtualHostDevice classes (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/255208-add-virtualhostdevice-classes.html)

Cole Robinson 03-02-2009 03:42 AM

: Add VirtualHostDevice classes

Add VirtualHostDevice classes for build domain 'hostdev' device xml,
along with associated tests.

This is currently incomplete: I'm not entirely clear on how a managed
vs. unmanaged device interacts with HostDeviceAttach/Reset, and if there
are differences in whats applicable for USB vs. PCI devices. The libvirt
API for all this hasn't officially landed yet either so this is blocked
until then.

Thanks,
Cole

Cole Robinson 03-02-2009 09:48 PM

Cole Robinson wrote:
> Add VirtualHostDevice classes for build domain 'hostdev' device xml,
> along with associated tests.
>
> This is currently incomplete: I'm not entirely clear on how a managed
> vs. unmanaged device interacts with HostDeviceAttach/Reset, and if there
> are differences in whats applicable for USB vs. PCI devices. The libvirt
> API for all this hasn't officially landed yet either so this is blocked
> until then.

Okay, I think this updated version should be sufficient now.

Thanks,
Cole