-   -   Making labels selectable in properties dialog (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/252165-making-labels-selectable-properties-dialog.html)

Rob James 02-25-2009 11:03 AM

Making labels selectable in properties dialog

Hi all, i was trying to make a label in the properties dialog
selectable to make it easy to copy and paste the value (specifically
the "source path" value under Disk). I tried using glade-2 to do it
which works but seems to screw up the alignment of pretty much
everything else. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

-R

Cole Robinson 02-25-2009 12:46 PM

Rob James wrote:
> Hi all, i was trying to make a label in the properties dialog
> selectable to make it easy to copy and paste the value (specifically
> the "source path" value under Disk). I tried using glade-2 to do it
> which works but seems to screw up the alignment of pretty much
> everything else. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Yes, we use glade-3 nowadays for the UI. Going backwards seems to mess
up all the UI alignment.

Give glade-3 a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Cole

Rob James 02-25-2009 04:02 PM

Making labels selectable in properties dialog

Ah, OK, that seems better. I've attached the bundle for the patch.
Would you be able to review for me? i wasn't able to test against head
though as when compiling the hg source here it won't show the details
page ('NoneType' object is not iterable).

Cole Robinson 02-28-2009 11:54 PM

Rob James wrote:
> Ah, OK, that seems better. I've attached the bundle for the patch.
> Would you be able to review for me? i wasn't able to test against head
> though as when compiling the hg source here it won't show the details
> page ('NoneType' object is not iterable).

Not sure why you were getting an error with upstream checkout, but I
applied your patch:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virt-manager--devel/rev/b8b3bf2c628c

Thanks,
Cole