-   -   How to work with virt-manager-sources (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/235153-how-work-virt-manager-sources.html)

Luca Botti 01-27-2009 07:35 AM

How to work with virt-manager-sources

Hi,
just a question - what is the correct cycle to work with virt-manager
sources?

That is, do I have to work with .in files (losing any guidance from
Python IDEs) or there is a better procedure?

Don't shoot, just a question (beginning to contribute is not that easy).

Cole Robinson 01-27-2009 03:38 PM

Luca Botti wrote:
> Hi,
> just a question - what is the correct cycle to work with virt-manager
> sources?
>
> That is, do I have to work with .in files (losing any guidance from
> Python IDEs) or there is a better procedure?

In general, .in are rarely altered altered. The majority of the code is
in src/virtManager and are all .py files, with all the UI in the src/ as
.glade files (use glade-3 to edit those).

The only .in file you might want to change is src/virt-manager.py.in,
but it doesn't really contain much interesting stuff. I don't use an IDE
so I'm not sure if there is any workaround for you.

Thanks,
Cole