Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Andreas Schneider

Default virt-manager through VPN

Hi,

I haven't had time to look at it, but you can't use virt-mangager to connect
remotely to a machine trough VPN.

It hangs very long. If you kill the ssh connection then it gets some host info
but you can't do anything.

I think it is a MTU problem, but I'm not sure.

Has someone else discovered the same problem or has an idea what's the
problem.

Cheers,

-- andreas

Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Cole Robinson

Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't had time to look at it, but you can't use virt-mangager to connect
> remotely to a machine trough VPN.
>
> It hangs very long. If you kill the ssh connection then it gets some host info
> but you can't do anything.
>
> I think it is a MTU problem, but I'm not sure.
>
> Has someone else discovered the same problem or has an idea what's the
> problem.

I've never tried, but it might be interesting to see if connecting via
virsh suffers the same problem.

Thanks,
Cole

Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Andreas Schneider

On Friday 23 January 2009 22:21:19 Cole Robinson wrote:
> I've never tried, but it might be interesting to see if connecting via
> virsh suffers the same problem.

Hi Cole,

connecting remotly through vpn to libvirt using virsh works just fine. Only
virt-manager can't do it.

> Thanks,
> Cole

-- andreas